• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Took my First coyote

Awesome Hock!! And with the model 99?

That's a nice one. I'm sort of surprised they still have coyotes in New York.

I thought the West had a monopoly on them. ;)

Are coyote pelts worth using?

Yea with the 99, but the 30 cal was a bit much on the exit side, my cuz had a 223 which would have been much better! At lunch Im taking the pelt to the taxidermist to get tanned, for my daughter and she also wants the skull euro.combined.jpg

They just look too much like dogs & so my wife wouldn't allow a trophy in the house.

She'd probably smack me for shooting a poor little coyote.

She freaked a little bit when I told her I was going to buy a varmint rifle.

I can appreciate that, as my wife was not thrilled about animals on the walls, and it looks like a very cute dog. My daughter loves animals and the outdoors and would like it so with my wife now being my ex and her voice having limited successful interaction with my ear drums daughter gets it! As much as I would like it hanging at my house I hope she hangs it at her mothers just for the sheer entertainment of it!

As cute as it may be, if it becomes a nuisance, then it gets a dirt nap. Theres lots of em round here that have become a problem for the farmers, and come way to close to my house for comfort.

Nice shooting....

That is a particularly beautiful pelt.

Congrats.

The Savage rifle is just kewl as hell.

Well I hear that there's pretty good coyote hunting about 30 miles from here but I've never gone. Hog hunting too.

They never get down to my place and the only varmints I've seen here are a few field mice and a possum.

The biggest non-human danger in this valley is subterranean termites.

Lots of coyotes in these parts too. There are a lot of feral hogs in Oklahoma as well, but not right here in my area.

Guys I need some help, this weekend I got dog blood on the 99 barrel and didn't see it till the next morn, and it left a mark??? I've read something about blood rust, is there any repair?

As i said I got blood on my barrel Sat saw it Sun night and took rem oil to it which took off the the solids but a stain remained. I took more rem to it, and gun cleaner and nothing resolved it. I found a suggestion on the net about vinegar removing blood stain, and lo and behold it worked!!
Im the only one out my hunting group that has ever had a blood stain, but its a good thing to keep in the back of your mind.
Have a great weekend everyone

Thanks for the info. Vinegar seens to be quite the multitasker.

Back