• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Took the wife to shoot her new 715t

Great time- I was afraid she wanted it to make me happy, but then I couldn't get her to stop- The 10-round mag was a little rough at first- ou of the first 7 rounds it jammed 3 times. Last 3 went like clockwork. I got her two 25- round mags, the first one jammed once, near the beginning, the other fired all 22 (didn't get those last 3 to load) as fast as she pulled the trigger. I reloaded the 25s, she fired without a hiccup- 3 more times. I never reloaded the 10-rd mag, so don't know if it's ok or not- can figure that out later.
At first she was firing at a 1' x 1' cardboard box, just for getting used to it- then switched to a bullseye target- she kinda hit the edge a few times, but once she got it on track- she was putting rounds thru the same 4" x 4" hole (no, I couldn't see em going through but they had to be- looking at the dirt behind the target.) She was 4" low, dead center at about 15 yards.
Just for the sake of future knowledge, yall might want to know we shot Arsmcor 36-gr HV HPs and SW & B 38-gr HV HPs. No reason I chose those rounds except- they were all I could find that weren't too expensive.
So, all went well. She really likes the gun, I do, too- hopefuilly she'll let me shoot it some next time. :rolleyes::)

In more ways than one- spent all that time with her- bought the rifle, accesories, ammo- helped her shoot without treatin her like a dummy- maybe next time I want to go- by myself- I won't get any static.
Seriously? yes sir, time well spent.

Nice. I have one too. My wife likes it, but not as much as her lil 510 mini...she actually likes the oompf it gives. Her words.
She says the 715 is fun and easy to shoot....
Congratulations on the time well spent. It's a great stress reliever...for both of ya's.

Back