• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

"Top Shot" (SEASON #3 2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: "Top Shot" Thread

blue said:
I think Dustin is a rock solid human. However, I think Gary is every bit as solid as a person, and you know, a good experienced one generally beats a good young one. Dustin may be a better "natural shot".

Gary looked like a rank amateur compared to Dustin in the last two episodes. If he's going to compete, he better pull himself together.

Mudinyeri said:
blue said:
I think Dustin is a rock solid human. However, I think Gary is every bit as solid as a person, and you know, a good experienced one generally beats a good young one. Dustin may be a better "natural shot".

Gary looked like a rank amateur compared to Dustin in the last two episodes. If he's going to compete, he better pull himself together.

I agree. But as it gets tighter, I'm expecting him to stay calmer. Dustin is arguably the best shooter to ever be on the show.

blue said:
Mudinyeri said:
blue said:

I agree. But as it gets tighter, I'm expecting him to stay calmer. Dustin is arguably the best shooter to ever be on the show.

x2 to all this!

blue said:
Dustin is arguably the best shooter to ever be on the show.

While he probably has the best mechanics/quickest on the show, especially with pistols, I don’t think he was the best rounded marksman with all weapons on the show ever….that title belongs to Chris Reed. You said arguably :)

oli700 said:
blue said:
Dustin is arguably the best shooter to ever be on the show.

While he probably has the best mechanics/quickest on the show, especially with pistols, I don’t think he was the best rounded marksman with all weapons on the show ever….that title belongs to Chris Reed. You said arguably :)

That goes back to the "Good old one beating a good young one" thing. Nothing like "I almost died. This is just shooting. Nothing to get excited about". Making friends in a competitive environment is one thing. Earning loyalty? He must have been quite a guy.

Chris Reed is another of those real good guys, his character and abilities.

EPISODE #11

Wheel of Fire

Premier Date: 10/18/2011

==================================================================

The five remaining marksmen face one of the most difficult challenges in Top Shot history. Shooters will use the powerful and compact SP89 semi automatic pistol while moving through the air upside down. With the last spot in the final four up for grabs, one competitor amazes the group with a stunning performance at the elimination challenge.

The Individual Challenge involves one shooter at a time firing at a 35-foot-diameter ring of 20 targets from 35 feet, while strapped to the end of a vertically rotating 16-foot arm. Each shooter is given one full revolution of the arm to get up to speed, then must fire during a second revolution using one 28-round magazine. The two highest numbers of hits are safe from elimination; ties are broken by fewer rounds fired.

=================================================================

The nomination picks for the Elimination challenge are Mike & Alex

=================================================================

The Elimination event involves firing at 20 ground targets placed among obstacles and debris while riding a zip-line backwards at 15 miles per hour. Higher number of hits wins.

LOSER: Alex

TONIGHTS WEAPONS

Heckler & Koch SP89 pistol (based on the MP5K submachine gun)

MP5HK.jpg

Steyr SPP 9x19mm pistol (based on the Steyr TMP)

STEYRTMP.jpg

===================================================================

So...what are everyone's feelings on tonights episode ?!

I liked everything...the challenges were real cool...and tonights firearms were awesome !!

Holy Smokes man! The first challenge! WOW! My favorite yet, and I like the pistol! HK makes awesome stuff I will likely never own!

Individual challenge! Excellent and fun to watch!!! I'm totally unfamiliar with the gun though... Impressive shooting from Mike!

Im rooting for Dustin!! Love him, he's a natural, he's got good sportsmanship, he's just an all around guy/shooter. Besides, I'd love to see someone who is lacking "experience" to prove that you can be extremely good at something that you've put your heart and time into. I think his confidence doesn't outweigh his desire and drive to win.

Someone from this forum needs to enter this onto this show.....
any volunteers?

ripjack13 said:
any volunteers?

I'd sure love to but six weeks away from work and family ....

I've done the six weeeks and longer, but I would fail out miserably!

So maybe someone with much more shooting familiarity than myself should represent the MO!!!

Rossignol said:
I've done the six weeeks and longer, but I would fail out miserably!

So maybe someone with much more shooting familiarity than myself should represent the MO!!!

I have too but for things that were a little more important and tangible than maybe winning a contest on TV.

Mudinyeri said:
ripjack13 said:
any volunteers?

I dont think it takes six weeks for them to film the show. I would think they have the whole show done in a 3 weeks, if that.

Awastatyme said:
Mudinyeri said:
ripjack13 said:
any volunteers?

I dont think it takes six weeks for them to film the show. I would think they have the whole show done in a 3 weeks, if that.

I filled out the application for season 2 and talked to the casting company. It's two weeks for the pre-qualification and four weeks for the show.

I think it would be cool to shoot between all of us...Then the winner of that can apply for the show. Dan can buy plane tickets so we can get this done....thanks Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back