1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Traditional Bow: Pics and Discussion

Discussion in 'Traditional Bow' started by LAZY EYED SNIPER, Dec 20, 2011.

1. LAZY EYED SNIPER

LAZY EYED SNIPER Overwatch Staff Member Global Moderator Supporter "Philanthropist"

2. tcecil88

tcecil88 .30-06

Nice bow. I have been thinking of getting a recurve for a long time.
  3. LAZY EYED SNIPER

LAZY EYED SNIPER Overwatch Staff Member Global Moderator Supporter "Philanthropist"

Go for it man!

This thing is awesome. I love learning new things, especially when it involves shooting any kind of projectile. Coming from a background of shooting nothing but compound bow this is a new world for me. It's an awesome feeling knowing that you can hit what you're aiming at without sights. I love it!
    Camel73 likes this.
  4. Blood_Trail

Blood_Trail .270 WIN

Any ideal why this thread got reported???
  5. LAZY EYED SNIPER

Looks like you submitted the report by accident. I deleted it, so we should be good to go...
  6. Blood_Trail

Blood_Trail .270 WIN

Oh. My bad sniper! Sorry bro!!!
  7. LAZY EYED SNIPER

No worries.

Was an easy fix...
  8. Saltmarsh

Saltmarsh .270 WIN

Heres some of my boys and I shooting.

[​IMG]

The bows.
    [​IMG]

Scotty 6 years old, 20LB Bear Recurve.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sammy 4 years old 10lb Bear Wizard Bow.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Me and my 50LB Longbow.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Me shooting, and Scotty following along in form.
    [​IMG]
    Rico and Camel73 like this.
  9. MikeD

MikeD I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

Nice Pics Saltmarsh, good to see the kids carrying on the tradition.
  10. Saltmarsh

Saltmarsh .270 WIN

Thank you sir,
    They love to shoot, my 6 year old will smoke me on small ground targets out to 15 yards.
  11. LAZY EYED SNIPER

That's AWESOME!

Thanks for the pics...
  12. MT2

MT2 .410

I'll take some better pic's later on and post them up when I do. After all the 500 has a date set with the camera so its not like I wont have the camera out already.

[​IMG]

The one piece I have no clue what it is, found it at a local sporting goods store for $50. Couldnt see any cracks or anything in the limbs and thought why not. The grip is a little thick imo, I dont enjoy shooting it all that much. The takedown model I got off ebay for $140 shipped, its a 40# Samick Sage and I absolutely love this thing. How much do I love this bow, I shoot at least a dozen arrows almost every day. Ive stood out in the rain, snow and just when the wind is tearing through the my coat. I got this one on the date in the picture(wrong year 2013). I started at 10yds because honestly I had no clue what I was doing and at 20 yards I lost more arrows than I got into the target. Im still learning to shoot this, but Im now back at 20 yards and slowly getting my groups tighter. The only thing about the Sage i wish Id done diffrent is of gone with 50# limbs but 3rivers have them available and fairly cheap.

edit: Forgot to mention I like the recurves enough Im questioning why I even bought a compound.
  13. MikeD

Very nice. Not sure on the $50 bow. So many manufacturers made similar looking bows it's hard to differentiate without some other clues, though the limb tips look a lot like an old Pearson I have.

If you really want to know there are probably some collectors over at TradGang with bigger knowledge base than I that could probably help id it for you.

Over the years I've shot a wide range of bows. Some very expensive customs and some mass produced cheapies and the conclusion I've come to is that nothing else matters except finding a bow you love to shoot.
  14. Gunner

Gunner .270 WIN

The 50 dollar bow looks an awful lot like a Martin X200 by Howatt, these bows originally sold for a little over 200 bucks in the mid 90's. They came in two poundages #50 and #60. It's the spitting image of the one I have...
  15. Blood_Trail

Blood_Trail .270 WIN

I got a 40 year old mint conditioned Ben Pearson 45# recurve I'm hunting with on opening day this weekend. I need to finish the bamboo-backed Osage bow I've been dragging my butt on. I'm shooting for 70# on that one.
  16. MikeD

I'd love to see some pics!!

I'm still having some issues with my shoulder and have not been able to practice as much as I would like. It's getting better though so maybe in the late season. I'll be starting off with the xbow this year.
  17. Blood_Trail

Blood_Trail .270 WIN

Attached Files:

18. MikeD

Thanks. Nice looking bow and nice group!

Sent from somewhere using Tapatalk2
  19. LAZY EYED SNIPER

20. Blood_Trail

Blood_Trail .270 WIN

First kill with a traditional gear. Spike at 20 yards. Down in 30. Public land.

[​IMG]
    Camel73 likes this.