• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Transfer of NFA items

Husker88

.270 WIN
Elite Member
Has anyone transferred an NFA item [suppressor] to a family member, individual or FFL? Just thinking ahead. I have an NFA trust set up but I know there are processes [and forms] and other hoops to jump through to transfer NFA stuff out of an estate or trust. The ATFE website will be my first stop, but I was just curious of anyone had actually had to do this.

THANKS!!

You can add the person(s) you want to transfer to to the trust. Technically, "everyone" in the trust "owns" the suppressor. When one of the trustees leaves voluntarily or through death, the others still retain ownership collectively. That is the beauty of the trust. If they are already listed on the trust, you should be OK. I'm not a lawyer, nor do I have a trust setup but I've been looking into it. Search "firearms trust" on gootoob, there are a lot of good videos (and some not so good)...

This is versus if you owned the can individually then die. The can might wind up having to be destroyed if there is no way to transfer it. :eek:

I need to amend my trust because when I set it up, I was in too much of a hurry. At the time the Covid hoax was at it's peak, and trying to get my ailing wife out to get her signatures notarized simply did not work. Now, however, I need to take care of that housekeeping and add both her and the kids to the trust. I wonder if you have to submit trust amendments to ATFE? I will have to axe them.

I wonder if you have to submit trust amendments to ATFE? I will have to axe them.
I would seek other avenues to ask first like Silencer Shop or Silencer Central for example.
Right before he left office, that cocksucker Nobama had the equally dicklicking Holderdick sign legislation that requires EVERYONE in the trust to undergo a BGC. Get more info HERE. You might have to go to a vendor like SS or SC above to have them do that for you to amend. Last resort then call the ATF... :rolleyes:

This very interesting stuff. I have not given any thought to a trust. I don’t have any silencers, short barrel shotguns , or any such things, Just run of the mill firearms. I have wondered about what would happen upon my demise. Perhaps a trust would be my answer.

Thanks to the two of you for this thread.

Back