• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Triad Tactical shotshell stock pack

Rossignol

The Original Sheriff
Global Moderator
Sponsor
image.jpg

https://www.triadtactical.com/Triad-Shotshell-Stock-Pack.html

***EDIT***
Ill add Triad has several variations of the stock pack including modular systems with hook and loop material, packs with loops for rifle rounds from .22 to .338 and the shotshell pack works with .50 BMG. They also have models with no external loops and large models for McMillan type stocks.

I had initially seen these made by Eagle Industries, but Eagle has since stopped making them and stock has dried up.

I finally ordered one from Triad. I'm looking forward to getting this, it looks very well made and includes padded inserts to raise the comb height by 3/8" if desired as well as the option to purchase additional inserts should it be needed.

Now having said all that, customer service is a big deal and is at least as important as the product they sell. I ordered early yesterday morning, about 5am EST, Triad is in Kansas so two hours behind? I quickly received order confirmation, but have also emailed and called and haven't been able to get a hold of anyone, no response at all. I called several times yesterday beginning at 10am my time, I only ever got the machine. I left a voicemail. I emailed. Nothing yet.

I know people sometimes have things that come up beyond their control, I'm willing to accept that for now and ill update as the situation changes and when I receive the stock pack.

Last edited:
Yes sir, nothin worth complaining about!
How are you and the Mrs?

Last edited:
I got the stock pack today via UPS.

Steve with Triad responded to my email on Sunday. I received the tracking number on Monday and by the time I checked, the package was Indianapolis from Kansas. So three business days on turn around.

It includes pieces to add to the comb height, and every part of it is adjustable including the strap across the back of the stock.

Ill get pictures this weekend.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

This is the coyote stock pack with black lami-suede (spelling?) padded cheek rest. Each of the straps is fully adjustable including the strap across the butt of the stock. The inside of the pack is covered with the "loop" part and each strap is covered with the "hook" part.

There are 5 loops on the outside. The first two shells are 3" and the other three are 2 3/4" for comparison. Additionally, there is a zippered pocket and I have 5, 3" shells in there now.

The package includes additional hook and loop strips to add to the inside to adjust comb height should it be needed for optics, sights, etc.

The fit is good, it feels good to shoulder, very nice cheek rest without being too much for the Meprolight bead I have on there.

I haven't fired it this way yet, I'm waiting for Allison to be ready to hit the 3" magnums for some patterning. Ill use this for spring turkey season here in a few weeks.

There are more pictures to come in the near future.

Overall impression;
While I initially had concerns with not being able to contact Triad on a Friday, I did receive an email on Sunday and any concerns were laid to rest. Shipping was crazy fast.
Fit and finish are nice and it's made in the US.
AT this point I'm very pleased and eager to try it out.

Sweet, I hope you dig it! They send stickers too, forgot to mention that before hand.

I don't know if I said it right about how all the straps are adjustable. This was the part I was most surprised by. I said the straps and inside of the pack are hook and loop. By that I mean, the straps are actually removable. They can be placed anywhere on the pack and moved around for optimum length and fit. There are also small loops near the tunnel loops for the straps which look big enough for shock cord.

I'm sure I will.

I've got a couple similar stock packs on other rifles, but the pouches aren't near roomy enough for a 20 round M1A mag. Looks like this one will fit nicely...

Received my Triad Large Stock Pack today and got it fitted to the M1A...

https://www.triadtactical.com/Triad-large-Stock-Pack.html

Went with the Kryptec Highlander pattern...

With the range of strap adjustment provided it fits nice 'n snug all around the stock with virtually no movement at all...

The 3/8" lami-suede cheek pad is nice. It's a good thickness that doesn't interfere with the sight picture at all...

Went with their large stock pack so I could fit a spare 20 round mag in the pouch. The 20 rounders are on the large side and don't fit in most of the smaller stock packs I've tried, but they fit in this Triad model with room to spare...

The mag can easily be removed/replaced without hanging up or having to work at getting it in there...

I have a couple of the smaller, cheaper stock packs from other brands, but this Triad pack is far superior in quality and made in the U.S.A. ...

Also picked up the Triad Tapered Rear Bag pictured in the photos above...

https://www.triadtactical.com/Triad-Tapered-Rear-Bag.html

It's a bit smaller than my other bean bag I use on the bench and I like the idea of the wedge design, especially for prone shooting. It works like any other squeeze bag for fine adjustments and can also be moved front to back as needed to make more drastic elevation changes...

The wedge design follows the natural contour of the stock and the increase in direct contact helps keep the rifle more stable. Shipping was fast and their service was great. This was my first purchase from Triad Tactical and based on what I see so far I'll likely buy from them again...

Great pics, that was fast! I'm glad it fits the magazines and it looks good too!

I'm pretty sure ill be ordering from them again also.

We've done more shooting over the last couple weekends. Magnum loads at paper in preparation for turkey season.

The stock pack hasn't given us any issues at all, in fact we've been shooting as if it isn't there, we kinda got to where we don't notice it. It hasn't changed how we shoulder the gun and ultimately it doesn't affect sighting. I'm calling it good to go!

Good to know brother.

Had the M1A out at the range yesterday and the stock pack I bought did it's job well. The cheek pad has a great feel to it, but doesn't add too much to the comb height...

Their rear shooting bag worked well too. Both very well made and I would definitely buy from them again.

Thanks again for the heads-up...

Back