• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Trijicon ACOG 4x32 for my MMR

BB313

.22LR
I’ve found online a used Trijicon 4x32 ACOG in good condition. Says everything works.
Is there a danger in buying an ACOG used? Does the tridium wear out. I don’t know how old it is.
Any cautions or experience out there you could share.

Those are all good questions.

I'm sure that trijicon date codes their scopes. Though you'd probably have to ask them to date it if it isn't clearly written on the scope. I know that with most all night sights, they do have a year date printed because of their warranty.

With that said, tritium is a radioactive isotope. That's why it glows. It doesn't necessarily wear out per say, but it does have a half life where it gets weaker and dimmer over time, until it no longer glows at all. Or, if the vial is damaged and the gas leaks out into the atmosphere.

I have had trijicon replace the night sights on my Beretta (the front sight is fixed and the user has no way of changing them on their own). They did with a minimal charge to replace the vials in the iron sights. I believe that it costed about $65 or so. But it may not even cost that much for an acog. Again, you'd have to contact triji and ask them if/when you need to.

Just a note about my night sights on the beretta, 2 of the 3 dots were still glowing faintly even after more than 20 years. I think their warranty is for 12 years ??? You'd have to look it up online to be sure because I'm just going off of my head what I think I remember reading.

I'd suggest you buy it, then if you find the tritium has faded, you sell it to me at a bargain price..!! :)

I'd love one, but they're silly money here in the UK. I would buy one when i go to the US, but then obviously i'd get into ITAR trouble...

I've been a recent convert of the LPVO (low power variable Optic). 1-6x or 1-8x illuminated reticle scopes really give you a lot of versatility.

The ACOG, is obviously top shelf well proven. So no,debate there. Used and online , simply buyer beware do your due diligence with seller is my advice., if you aint 100% warm fuzzy save your money. Not sure what price your at but ACog regeneration/refill runs about 400bucks or so. Fakes are abundant, I see them almost every gun show I attend. Maybe ya score a great deal of awesomeness just educate and know who ya seller is, is my suggestion.

Back