• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Tuff Writer Frontline Series Tactical Pen Review

DHonovich

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Sponsor
"Philanthropist"
http://www.tuffwriter.com/frontline-series-3569.html

yhst-32151692617747_2177_4170633

stealth_black.JPG

IMG_3971.JPG

stealth_black-2.JPG

Product Description
The Tuff-Writer pen was designed to be the toughest pen out there, period. It is built to withstand blistering cold, intense heat and any kind of harsh environment an operator is bound to encounter.

The thixotropic ink in the hermetically sealed cartridge and pressurized to nearly 35 psi lasts three times longer than a standard ballpoint pen. With an estimated shelf life of 100 years, the pen writes at altitudes up to 12,500 feet where most other pens simply won't. Best of all, no matter how harsh the conditions your Tuff-Writer will work with operating temperatures from -30 to 250 degrees Fahrenheit (-35 to 120 degrees Celsius).

Designed with a sharp as well as rounded end, it can effectively be used as a take anywhere defensive implement or control device. The smoothly finished point also doubles as a PDA stylus device. The external knurling and slightly upward tipped spring steel clip allow an exceptionally low slip grip while not snagging during deployment or holstering. The Mil-A-8625 “F” black anodizing over a machine finish provides a rock hard surface finish while the laser engraving boldly exhibits the Tuff-Writer logo and individual pen serial number on one side and proudly displays the made in the U.S.A. label on the other.

Specifications
-----------------

Length: 6.5 inches

Thickness: 0.5 Inches

Weight: 1.8 oz.

Color: Stealth Black

Material: 6061-T6 Aerospace Grade Aluminum

Clip: Cold Pressed Spring Steel with nickle oxide finish

Finish: Hard anodized to Mil-A-8625 “F” specifications

Fittings: Black oxide stainless steel bolts and chemical welding

Cartridge: Foray #877294 / Fisher #SPR4

Looks like one tuff pen...and it could serve as a self defense weapon in a pinch !

Thanks for the link Doc !!

Exactly! I am building a "sniper" setup for my newly acquired Remington 700 and wanted a pen that could stand up to the elements.

Have you got to manipulate this yet? I've been wanting to pick one up for a while, but I go through pens like crazy. From letting people use them to write information down to leaving them at work after writing my report, I don't want to be loosing a $80 pen. Guess I could lanyard it to myself. :lol:

http://www.tuffwriter.com/frtapenkynes1.html

yhst-32151692617747_2177_3774357

IMGP0323.JPG

IMGP0324.JPG

Product Description
Black Kydex® Neck Sheath

We now offer a custom Kydex® Neck Sheath. Designed and made by sheath maker Dave Brown, these rugged neck sheaths are light and comfortable while allowing you instant access to your pen with either hand.

This subtle, simple and understated design won't turns heads and it isn't meant to. At the same time it safely and securely holds your Frontline Series pen in place, right where you need it, within easy reach. So light and comfortable you can almost forget about it until you need it.

Specifications
------------------

Length: 2.5 inches

Thickness: 0.75 Inches

Weight: 1.2 oz.

Color: Black

Material: Kydex®

Lanyard: Ball chain necklace

I haven't received mine yet but I will let you know what I think when I get it.

It's got a blunt tip so I don't see why not. Then again this is the same DHS that says more than 3 oz of shampoo is dangerous.

I don't see any reason you wouldn't be able to get through security with it but you never know.

Pretty sweet lookin pen! Pens are definitely included in my obsession for gadgets!

Check out the Tuff Writer banner ad displaying this month on Mossberg Owners forum!

Tuff Writer Frontline Series Tactical Pen- Sniper Gray Review

p431321027-4.jpg

p511885373-4.jpg

p36475924-4.jpg

p190911373-4.jpg

p146453451-4.jpg

p198413743-4.jpg

p510528436-4.jpg

p313625813-4.jpg

p210296581-4.jpg

p59943031-4.jpg

p325564098-4.jpg

p228095428-4.jpg

p634693590-4.jpg

p783784258-4.jpg

The Tuff Writer Frontline Series Tactical Pen has earned a spot in my pocket as one of my everyday carry (EDC) items. This pen does more than anyone could actually ask for out of a pen. The Tuff Writer Frontline Series Tactical Pen goes beyond even the most extreme expectations of a pen. It is not only tough as nails but it looks great and writes even better due to its Fisher cartridge. As a bonus the Tuff Writer Frontline Series Tactical Pen also doubles as a defensive weapon; god forbid a situation arises at least you won't be unarmed with one of these in your pocket. I have to be able to rely on my EDC items to work no matter what the situation and the Tuff Writer Frontline Series Tactical Pen fits the bill. If anyone is looking for a pen that can withstand abuse day in and day out then look no further!

The Tuff-Writer pen was designed to be the toughest pen out there, period. It is built to withstand blistering cold, intense heat and any kind of harsh environment an operator is bound to encounter.

The thixotropic ink in the hermetically sealed cartridge and pressurized to nearly 35 psi lasts three times longer than a standard ballpoint pen. With an estimated shelf life of 100 years, the pen writes at altitudes up to 12,500 feet where most other pens simply won't. Best of all, no matter how harsh the conditions your Tuff-Writer will work with operating temperatures from -30 to 250 degrees Fahrenheit (-35 to 120 degrees Celsius).

Designed with a sharp as well as rounded end, it can effectively be used as a take anywhere defensive implement or control device. The smoothly finished point also doubles as a PDA stylus device. The external knurling and slightly upward tipped spring steel clip allow an exceptionally low slip grip while not snagging during deployment or holstering. The Mil-A-8625 “F” black anodizing over a machine finish provides a rock hard surface finish while the laser engraving boldly exhibits the Tuff-Writer logo and individual pen serial number on one side and proudly displays the made in the U.S.A. label on the other.
This is a gas pressurized ball point cartridge refill utilizing waterproof ink. Because of the pressurized cartridge, these refills will write upside down, right side up or any combination in between. They are designed to work in frigid cold and blistering heat and will function in environments ranging from -30F to 250F.

I have to say that these pens are mighty attractive to a guy like me!

If you haven't used a pen that incorporates the Fisher SPR4 ink cartridge you just don't know what you're missing. You can write on damp paper towels, in the cold, on plastic... they are just awesome. And I love that the pens have the Made in USA factor.

Thanks for the pics and write-up.

Back