• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Tula- How “bad” is it?

Has anyone had any decent experiences with Tula? Or is it the worst thing since smallpox?

When I bought my PT111 I got it at a local shop and the guy was packing up for a show. All his shelf worn stuff was in a box in a corner waiting to see if he had room for it. Luckily I got there before he shoved it on the truck. He sold me 4x 50 rd boxes of TULA 9mm, steel, not brass cases. FMJ. $4 / box was a deal so I took it. I have never had a misfire, a feed problem or any other problem with it. I used it in a HI Point 9mm also, same results. I don't know exactly how accurate it is because I don't know my own potential. But it poked holes in a man size silhouette at 7 and 10 yards...some in the chest and some in the head.

It depends on whether your gun likes it or doesn't. Buy a box and if it is OK, buy another. If not, try something else.

The only rifle I've only had any issues with when it comes to inexpensive steel cased ammo was one of my AR-15s, it would simply choke up after a 100 rounds and reduce itself to a bolt action rifle. Others have no problems with it at all

I've never had problems with it in any of my Glocks.

I would not use it in my high-end precision rifles.

Back