• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Turkey shell's to test

biglever

.270 WIN
Just did a quick inventorie of my 3" and 2 an 3'4" Turkey shell's
That I will. Be testing over time. In my new Turkey gun, when I get it.
Some of these shell's are old school.
Just to give you a idea
I have a couple box's of Activ #5., 2 box's of rem.duplex loads 2-4's
And 4-6's
It should be fun to shoot this stuff up and compair it to the lastest stuff.IMG_20140101_095204_195.jpg

Looks like bear.

I love this kinda stuff, can't wait to see how the shot patterns!

It could be a bear.

But from my experience, a bear will mark a tree with scratches like a dog will with peeing on it. Though, usually when a bear scratches on a tree to mark its' territory, they scratch up as high as they can reach in the tree so they can show all the other males around how big he is. Kinda how they size each other up.

They usually won't do it low to the ground, unless there is something wrong with the tree and there are bug nests inside of it and they're wanting to munch on them, but all the bark isn't peeled off, so I don't think that was the case here.

I got a picture on my trail camera this week of another big boar bear. That makes about 13 different bears I have photos of at my hunting spot.

trailcam 562016 016.JPG

I'm thinking if it's not an animal, then the tree is dying. The leaves will be first to go. Then the bark cracks where there is the most stress on it.

It's hard to tell on a 3-1/2" screen. :)

Back