• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Turn in your neighbors $1000

Itsricmo said:
Mike, I think we just need a different tactic! Get antis out on the range shooting guns to see how fun it really is! The thrill and rush will over take them.. and if not.. well there are other means :p

I've done it. I've taken many people to the range to let them shoot.

Funny thing, whether they ended up with a different opinion on guns or not they all had a big smile on their face while shooting my 10/22. :twisted:

I always start with a .22 and work up from there.

Frank Castle said:
That would require an "Open Mind" which I think is lacking at the levels we need it.

Frank

Ironically even Dianne Fienstein has had a concealed permit and has been trained in the use of guns. Many of the Antis's are not anti-gun a much as they want to control WHO has them and WHAT we can have. ;-D

Well they want to force us to give up our guns.. I never said we were asking nicely to take them to the range... lol Once they are forced to shoot a gun they will realize how awesome and empowering it is.. is it that one word "empowering" that they are afraid of? :O

I had a friend, who once started his Girlfriend off with a 12 gauge Buckshot load... I warned him he would most likely never speak with her again and all she is going to do is hate guns... She shot it without ANY idea of the recoil or power... end of story = she got a broken nose and he was single for a long time. 22LR or 17hmr/hm2 is the best route with any new firearms shooter

Itsricmo said:
I had a friend, who once started his Girlfriend off with a 12 gauge Buckshot load... I warned him he would most likely never speak with her again and all she is going to do is hate guns... She shot it without ANY idea of the recoil or power... end of story = she got a broken nose and he was single for a long time. 22LR or 17hmr/hm2 is the best route with any new firearms shooter

A lot of people are turned away from guns due to bad experiences.

My GF loves shooting .22 pistols but hates my G19.

I admit I chucle at some of the YouTube videos I see of people shooting big guns but honestly that is one of the worst things you can do to a new shooter and anyone that would stick a S&W .500 or a DEagle in the hands of their wife or GF without any instruction or warning as to it's power is irresponsible and does nothing to furthur our image.

I took my GF's niece to the range a year or so back. She had no interest in guns whatsoever (actually she was quite scared of them) but I convinced her to at least give it a try. By the time we were done she had shot my .22's an AK, a 20G shotgun, .357 Mag and a S&W M&P 40c. She still talks about how much fun it was.

Back on topic. Many years ago I lived in an apartment complex. There was a middle eastern family living in the unit below mine at the time. On the day I moved out, my neighbow was returning home just as I was carrying a bunch of gun cases out of the apartment. Based on their reaction, I expected to see the SWAT team there before I finished up and pulled out of the parking lot.

Oddly none seemed to flinch at the Propane grills that sat on everyones patio that were a violation of city ordinance.

lol It is amazing what some people will demonize and what some people will over look... You for having your guns must be a thug, outlaw and mercenary! But everyone who has a grill on their 3rd story patio is really risking blowing half the building away and that is okay :p

A buddy of mine bought another gun tonight... S&W M&P 40 Tac-pac. Came with 3 mags, plano case and a holster with 100rnds of ammo.. same guy who bought the Sterling 9mm and (2) Slide-fire Stocks. He has an order in for a Bushmaster .308 Flat Top/Heavy Barrel. That should be in around April should the Liberals not succeed before hand... I am jealous of his spending spree a little haha

Back