• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Twitter not censoring now

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
I suppose all of the congressional hearings that's been going on about censorship and the likes, looks like twitter is wide open right now.

Here are a few that I thought I would share that a guy I know wrote.

schumer.jpg
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

feinstein.jpg

I need to start trolling some of these Senators. I'm "Mr Warm" @warmlivehands :) I'm not Jewish so I can't really tell Jewish jokes or holocaust camparos... ;)

I think they are all squirming since Zuckerburg admitted that FB is responsible for the content on their site. That makes him a publisher. That would put FB in a world of hurt

From Ben Shapiro...
First, he acknowledged the problem of political bias at Facebook, explaining that Silicon Valley “is an extremely left-leaning place…I think it is a fair concern that people would at least wonder.” Second, under pressure from Senator John Cornyn, R-Texas, Zuckerberg acknowledged that Facebook is “responsible for the content” posted on the platform.
In making both those statements, Zuckerberg may have put his company in a world of hurt legally. Platforms are generally not responsible for the material placed on them – for example, AT&T is not responsible for the content of calls made using AT&T phone lines. But publishers are responsible for such material – if a newspaper publishes an op-ed containing slanderous material, the newspaper could be held legally responsible.
So, how many slanderous Facebook posts are published per minute on the social media network? How many un-copyrighted photos make their way to Facebook? If courts decide to treat Facebook as a publisher rather than as a platform, they’re suddenly subject to tens of millions of dollars in legal liability, at minimum.

Back