• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Uk Government hits a new low....

Daryll

.270 WIN
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/...K0DlK9sAw4lIbaOIXq8OE9bZ6Sq2SKAf3a72toTUugG00

"New surrender scheme starts to keep dangerous weapons off the streets"

You may be aware that here in "Banned-it country" we cannot own semi auto rifles, apart from .22s, so some enterprising British gunmakers developed "lever release" rifles.... basically they work like a semi, but the bolt is held to the rear after each shot. You thumb down a lever which releases the bolt, chambers a round and you're ready to fire the next shot. Another variation has the lever incorporated into the fire control group, so you pull the trigger to fire, pull trigger again to release the bolt, pull trigger again to fire the next shot.

These rifles are popular with disabled shooters who have difficulty with a bolt actions, and they generally cost £2k upwards.
In its infinite wisdom (!?!?) the Uk Gov thinks these "rapid fire weapons" are a threat to public safety, and so is banning them (at least they're giving out compensation!)... strangely, this law was passed 18 months ago, but they're only now calling them in.... if they're that dangerous, why wait 18 months..??

Along with these "dangerous" rifles, they're also banning switchblades, knuckledusters, batons, and swords from private possession... its been an offence to carry them on the street for a long time, but now you can't even keep them in your house...!!
Something else thats banned now are "zombie knives"... any knife with writing on it insinuating violence..!!!

As usual, its too difficult to go after the criminals who carry these on the street, so they're going after the innocent firearm owners and collectors.... how do i emigrate to the US..?

NWO has been ramping up in the US and Canada too.

ATF has raided and been seizing property from not only businesses but knocking on peoples' doors.

Yeah I guess if they gave up on all that Rule Brittania shit then Britons may well end up as slaves.
Brexit was certainly a step in the right direction but it’s a shame that it didn’t go better.

Start thinking outside the box on home defense.

I think very small fire extinguisher makes a pretty good weapon. You shoot somebody right in the face with that powder, and they can’t see or breathe; and while they’re busy trying to wipe their eyes just clock them over the head with the extinguisher.

A can of hornet spray works too, but it’s not as heavy a weapon to hit someone with as an extinguisher.

I’m sure there’s 1 million more.

While the Gov are on a roll, they've now opened a new consultation.... about HME rifles (again!), airguns, and reloading components...

As they didn't get the ban they wanted on High Muzzle Energy rifles, they now want enhanced security for .50 cals, .338's etc, i.e component parts stored at different locations..(!?), or steel shutters, CCTV and an alarm linked to the local Police station. (although for most of the country, the "local" station is probably an hour away...)

Airguns should not be allowed for under 18s, and should be secured in a cabinet or with a trigger lock... bear in mind that people can only generally own under 12ft/lb rifles, and 6 ft/lb pistols. Anything more powerful than that is classed as a firearm.

The most worrying for most UK shooters is possible restrictions on reloading components.... worst case scenario, if they get their way, would be that if you're allowed to hold 500 rds of a particular caliber, you can only possess 500 cases, primers or bullets for that caliber at any one time... they use the word "intent" a lot, meaning that if you have more components that your allowance, you COULD intend to go over your allowance.
This is following a couple of cases where people were making ammo and supplying criminals...but powder and primers are already controlled, and an offence to posess unless you have an FAC with the relevant calibres.

While the Gov are on a roll, they've now opened a new consultation.... about HME rifles (again!), airguns, and reloading components...

As they didn't get the ban they wanted on High Muzzle Energy rifles, they now want enhanced security for .50 cals, .338's etc, i.e component parts stored at different locations..(!?), or steel shutters, CCTV and an alarm linked to the local Police station. (although for most of the country, the "local" station is probably an hour away...)

Airguns should not be allowed for under 18s, and should be secured in a cabinet or with a trigger lock... bear in mind that people can only generally own under 12ft/lb rifles, and 6 ft/lb pistols. Anything more powerful than that is classed as a firearm.

The most worrying for most UK shooters is possible restrictions on reloading components.... worst case scenario, if they get their way, would be that if you're allowed to hold 500 rds of a particular caliber, you can only possess 500 cases, primers or bullets for that caliber at any one time... they use the word "intent" a lot, meaning that if you have more components that your allowance, you COULD intend to go over your allowance.
This is following a couple of cases where people were making ammo and supplying criminals...but powder and primers are already controlled, and an offence to posess unless you have an FAC with the relevant calibres.
I'm afraid, we, in Western countries may become witness to the demise of legal firearm ownership if things don't turn around soon. John A. is certainly correct, it seems the powers that be are ramping up efforts to further restrict, prohibit, confiscate and otherwise eradicate civilian firearm ownership everywhere. We will be lucky if we are permitted to keep bolt action or break action firearms when the anti's by way of government edict are finished...I have to emphasize, because if I don't I'd be lying and remiss...

THEY ARE COMING FOR YOUR GUNS...ALL OF THEM. DO NOT BE FOOLED, DO NOT BELIEVE THEM WHEN THEY SAY THEY ARE NOT GOING TO TAKE YOUR GUNS AWAY, THEY ARE ABSOLUTELY LYING TO YOU. THEY MOST CERTAINLY WILL, IT IS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME. PIECE BY PIECE, POWDER OR AIR, STEEL OR LEAD, BULLET AND PRIMER, MAGAZINE OR BARREL, BUTT STOCK AND FORWARD GRIP THEY WILL NICKEL AND DIME YOUR GUNS AWAY FROM YOU. WHEN THEY GET TIRED OF THAT, LIKE THEY DID HERE IN CANADA, THEY WILL JUST BAN THEM BY FIAT AND DEMOCRACY BE DAMNED.

THIS IS NOT A PREDICTION, THIS IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW ALL AROUND US.

In spite of the fact that the same is true in the United States as in Canada regarding intent of the elite political class, I believe that Americans managed to buy 100 million more guns in 10 years.

That should send a message to our politicians, regarding what Americans hold most dear.

For instance, we hold our Rights far more jealously than we hold our politicians.

Fortunately we have a great local sheriff who will not enforce unconstitutional laws in our county. Her best comeback excuse is that they don’t give her enough money and men to enforce the constitutional laws.

She knows there are men in this county who will stand up for her, because she is not afraid to stand up for them.

Having a good local sheriff is a very big deal, and normally they cannot stay in office without the support of the local population.

cm, January 20th may be the start of a serious push in the U.S. for all of the things you mention. I have several concerns. How many folks will be willing to turn in neighbors, friends, and family ? How many folks will be willing to take a stand ?

Well every year that there is an election they talk about the October surprise.

I am just dying to see Mr. Trump’s Christmas surprise.

Pray hard that we don’t have to shoot off all this expensive ammunition to defend our rights. That’s the last thing on earth I would want to do.

I am afraid that too many people are praying for retribution in some kind of shooting war, but look at Mr. Trump who says that he wants to end wars and bring troops home by Christmas.

It is possible that some of our allies in the Middle East will suffer from a US troop with drawl and it’s possible that some of our European allies will worry for the same.

But unfortunately at this time that is their problem, and I think the president needs every loyal American on home turf right now.

In spite of the fact that the same is true in the United States as in Canada regarding intent of the elite political class, I believe that Americans managed to buy 100 million more guns in 10 years.

That should send a message to our politicians, regarding what Americans hold most dear.

For instance, we hold our Rights far more jealously than we hold our politicians.

Fortunately we have a great local sheriff who will not enforce unconstitutional laws in our county. Her best comeback excuse is that they don’t give her enough money and men to enforce the constitutional laws.

She knows there are men in this county who will stand up for her, because she is not afraid to stand up for them.

Having a good local sheriff is a very big deal, and normally they cannot stay in office without the support of the local population.
I don't disagree with anything you said there Cadd. Just remember that globalists don't care about the 2A or the Constitution in general or how many guns were bought or what anyone holds dear. I'm not saying this to be disagreeable...they care only about achieving their own agenda and pushing their own world view. If we see "globalists" as some foreign actor(s) or force we couldn't be more wrong, they are more like home-grown seditious traitors influenced from the outside. And, I'm dismayed to see how far they've pushed already and continue to warp minds and re-write the narrative here and abroad. I am regularly flummoxed by the amount of left leaning, globalist garbage I hear trotted out regularly these days.

If the ban hammer were to drop in the US, change will be slow to come to small towns and rural areas but come it will if these forces have their way. Pressure will be applied where necessary to make non-compliance as painful as possible without a shot being fired. Hold outs considered a threat will be rooted out and others will drop by attrition. This is almost always the way these things play out by making resistance very unpalatable for many people. As, Meanie said who knows who will turn in whom? What will the stakes be? Maybe your neighbor or acquaintance has skeletons in the closet and so gets pressed into ratting out anyone he knows in the area to save his own butt from jail? Who knows?

All I can say is, I pray to God you are right and I am wrong.

Don’t think for a minute that I’m not as concerned as you are buddy.

I’m still hoping we haven’t turned that damn communist as a people.

Right now I think that half my country cannot see what is in front of their eyes because they are blinded by hate and fear.

I think there are elements in our government, in both parties, that want martial law, & this is how they push our president into it.

I have no clue how it would work out at this point. I think it has everything to do with how he goes about it.

Anyhow I have about 50% expectation the hackers or antifa will try to do something nasty on Christmas. This only increases the chances that we will have troops on our soil.

There are many older Americans (and Canadians) that have been marksmen for over 50 years. If the SHTF, expect many of those to say "well, I've had a good life" and become the ultimate OG guerilla... :D There are not enough armed forces personnel and LEOs to protect EVERYTHING and expect sabotage of utilities and infrastructure on a level never experienced anywhere. Roving hoards of hungry urban miscreants will be stealthily gunned down trying to leave the 'hood and cars Molotoved with them in it... ;) Then, when the US is totally F-ed fighting USCW ver2.0, China will swoop in for easy pickings... :eek:

I hope you enjoyed this teaser of my next fictional novel: "Weekend at Bidet's"... :D

In un-related ;) news, I was talking with my dot's b-friend's cousin during Tgiving. He installs cell tower footings. While quite hard to put up, they are remarkably easy to take down... :eek: Do you know where your water treatment facility is? Or internet switching stations? You'd be amazed at how vulnerable they are... :(

Something else about gun control legislation that I don’t understand...other than trying to stymie the gun industry out of work arounds and being a general pain in the ass what is the point of all the minutiae in the gun laws? It would seem to me to serve only one real purpose...that is to give the government 5 different ways to charge you with a crime for possibly “intending” to fart once too often in the wrong direction.

We’ve got ridiculousness written into our gun laws so bad even experts constantly trip over themselves trying to decipher it.

If gun control and gun control laws were really about public safety why are the laws not straight forward and their intent clearly discernible?

Gun control is, in my opinion, about controlling the people. As I have said before, take away citizens guns and the people become subjects.

Part of the BS about gun laws is creating taxes for the government. These fees are slated to go up sharply here in the future. After all, we would not want ordinary people to be able to afford guns and ammunition. They want everybody’s fees to become yearly.

The state of California has experienced incredible sales volume. The pool of potential taxpayers just blossomed. And, since there are so many new gun owners, the politicians all have something horrible to talk about on TV.

Regardless of what I wrote earlier today regarding Canada & China, I do not expect that we will see a shooting war Of countrywide dimensions.

I believe there will be lots of spats, threats and speculation, however.

Ultimately, what I expect is that, as the American political situation has been Swinging wildly, now the swing has become so broad that social pressure will contain it.

I mean people can hide a lot, and people can ignore a lot, but eventually the murky business is pubically revealed.

I do not expect that patriotic Americans will start blowing up power plants or cell phone towers.

I do expect that certain Criminals will be brought to bear on extraordinary terms.

A politician doesn't need a reason to raise taxes. However, I think excessively high taxes on guns or ammo is an infringement on our right to bare, or is it bear, arms. But, there is that pesky constitution getting in the way again.

Back