• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Underwood ammo

GunnyGene

Racist old man
BANNED
Anybody ever do business with Underwood? Looking for opinions/experience with their ammo. Thinking about buying some - specifically for my .41Mag Blackhawk, since the price is right, but any experience with other ammo from them as regards general quality, etc. is welcome.

They use reputable bullets and they load hot. I have shot some 44 mag and it was all that. I think you should be good. They are known for holding truer to velocity claims than most companies, its also one of the few places to get real 10mm auto ammo from

Ordered a box of 50. $60 including shipping. Still about 1/2 of what .41 mag 210gr. JHP goes for locally. Can't wait to try it out. :D

nitesite said:
You won't be disappointed.

I don't think I will be. The advertised ballistics on these are much better than the Federal 210JHP I've been using, plus I like the Hornady XTP characteristics.

Underwood:
Muzzle Velocity: 1560 fps
Muzzle Energy: 1135 ft. lbs.

Federal:
MV: 1230
ME: 705

Gunny, I just read an article on reloading for the 41 mag. They were working up loads using the Barnes 180gr XPB.....these things are devastating , fast and mean as all hell out of the 41

Barnes sells this in loaded ammo , Barnes VOR-TX. If you can I highly recommend that you pick up a box and run it as you primary defense load.....I personally think with the speed, expansion and weight retention of the .410 180gr XPB , it looks more damaging than hard cast and drove as deep in their balistics gel

Thanks Oli, but I'm pretty happy with the Underwood. Got about 200 rds, which will likely last me several years unless there's a zombie invasion. ;)

Back