• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Used and sold as new

Well the guy received the shotgun just now, and he says the pics make it look worse than it really is. He's offering a credit of my purchase price and his shipping to me, but not the return shipping and my fees on this end. He's being a real jerk now..

I hope you payed all this with a credit card? If it comes down to it call the credit card company. JMO

Yep.. Very convenient on his part. He now has the money and the shotgun.. ;) The rep from Cabelas VISA told me that I could petition for my total cost/loss (xfer and tics) and not just the VISA charge. I didn't know one could do that.

Anyhow, my new one is out for delivery now, so it's time to move on..

WoW!! My 930 is not that dirty after a few years of use, including hunting in less than desirable conditions. If you know my attitude on cleaning, that says a LOT!

I hope it works out.

The new one has about 50% of the dings, etc. that the first one did. I'm not accustomed to new guns being shipping in this, but "what can you do"... I just got it back together after a good cleaning and the worst area is the toward the end of the barrel. Whoever assembled it put the barrel/magazine bracket about two inches from the muzzle and marred both the barrel and magazine tube pretty badly; leaving the outline of the bracket down to bare metal. I cleaned up and retouched the outline, but you know how that goes. I've also go a problem with the safety getting stuck and it's very stiff to disengage.

At this point I'm into the project to the tune of $1400 (Benelli M3 $1400), so I'm more than a little bummed. I haven't decided if I'll shoot it or just unload it it at a loss. I'm going to think about something else for a while. Anyhow, I appreciate everyone's help and support. Ron

You said it mossy.

I can't even begin to understand how this happens once, let alone twice. Only thing I can offer as a suggestion at this point would be to get back in touch with Joe Zakher and relay the new circumstances. I'm sure he would be very interested in which distributor your shop is using and how they are coming by this obviously sub-standard inventory. At the very least, Joe should be able to see that this current shotgun is replaced with the model you are looking for and in nothing less than 100% new condition. I would certainly entertain this as an option before selling it for a loss...

I know.. The first one was bought from a shop in Georgia and the second a shop in Texas. I'm honestly at a loss to explain it and I'm sure it appears I'm just being a PITA to everyone. I just sent a message to Joe asking for advice. Ron

I don't have pics of the current one, but I can certainly take some. I'm beginning to lose heart in the project.. ;) Ron

I'm sure it appears I'm just being a PITA to everyone.

Not at all.

I would be pissed off too if I were in your shoes. We're here to help, even if all we can do is provide an outlet to vent frustration. Hopefully Joe will have a means to get this corrected...

That royally sucks!!!

Well after much deliberation I sent it off to Joe for an evaluation. I didn't actually shoot it and in the end just decided to send it on. FedEx shows it was delivered on 4/3/14 around 12:30PM. I'll keep the thread updated.. Cheers.. Ron

Back