• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Vang Comp DSAC Velcro Side Saddle Opinions Needed

Anyone have any experience with these saddles?

I'm thinking about replacing my mesa tactical. I hear elastic loops are the way to go. I like the build quality of the mesa but removing shells from it could be better. Plus, the light weight of the vang should be a bonus.

I'm sure the Vang Comp DSAC is top notch quality.

However, for $5 worth of industrial strength velcro and a $15 ESSTAC shotgun card you can accomplish the same thing. For the same price as the DSAC, you could set up your receiver and have five cards...

I've been running the 3GunGear velcro side saddle with good results FWIW.

I'm a little hesitant slapping adhesive directly onto my receiver. No safe queen here, I'm definately a little rough on my tools. I just hate the idea of sticky goo on my stuff if I ever wanted to remove it. Thinking of old electrical tape.

The Vang is pricey, but I'll probably sell my Mesa to offset the cost a little. I got the Mesa for free so I won't be losing any money.

I ordered one, so I'll throw up some pics when I get it and let you guys and gals know if I like it or not.

called VC today for an update on my order and was informed that their saddles won't be available until Jan. 2013...FYI

i cancelled my order. needless to say, but i won't post a review for a while.

sold my mesa tactical and i like how streamline my shotgun is now; lighter and handier, too. i have the speedfeed stock so it's not really a bother that i don't have a saddle anymore.

maybe i'll get an OSOE cop rig or micro rig, but jeez, they're really expensive. for now, i'll have to make do with my dump pouch to carry addition shells.

bummer

Don't knock it till you try it. Besides I'm sure any residue will clean up with a little rubbing alcohol.

Cheap, light, works.

So how many times have you ripped a shell holder off and on? Do they give you or recommend a solvent to clean the receiver off with before placement?

A few dozen times. Mainly for cleaning and training with dummy rounds.

I wiped down the receiver with rubbing alcohol, hit it with a clean dry rag, placed the Velcro attachment to the receiver, pressed, done. Whole process took like 5 minutes.

Mine's been through well over 250 rounds so far reloaded from the 7 round receiver cards. Once a card is empty, it's replace, empty, and repeat. No issues at all so far and the velcro adhesive has outlasted the TacStar saddle I had screwed/bolted to the receiver before this set-up...

Maybe I misunderstood. For actual firing the side saddle has seen well over 500 rounds since installed.

No signs of the adhesive coming undone and I run my shotty hard.

I think you sold me, too. Been looking into these 3gungear saddles and I going to try it out.

Hey Water Monkey,

I'm a little confused about the "backers" in the list of shell carrier options.

What is the "backer" ($2.00) and is it necessary?

Also, what is the "die cut backer" ($5.00)?

Trying to get the standard set up; velcro on the receiver with removable carriers.

we have been making velcro side saddles for many years as well, the trick is to use quality stick on velcro andmake sure the cun is clean and oil free.
we were asked many times if the velcro will damage the finish or become sticky, it does not if you use 3m brand not the china mart stuff.
also to be noted it will not remove painted finished if the paint, i.e duracote, aluma hyde is applied corectly.
If you have a remington tactical that powder coted run away!!!!
Ive had over 100 people have finish issues due to useing velcro, to the point remington rem here in canada asked us to warn people about it.....

www.sjhardware.com

Back