• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Veterans Day

Rico

20g
Supporter
Let me tell y’all a true, amazing and funny WWII story.
A very dear friend of mine named Jim Cheatham, like a second father, was a Captain in the US Army Infantry during WWII. He was a graduate of VMI. He was a man’s man.
While fighting the Germans, he and his platoon captured a strategic hill. At the top of the hill was a farm house, which at one time was probably a lovely place. After searching the house, a full tuxedo with top hat and cane were found. All of the troops had their pictures taken, standing next to a German gun (which I suspect is a Howitzer) that stood in the front yard of the house. When all of his men had their picture taken, they insisted he have his taken too.
Jim swore to me, “Rick, no sooner did I have my picture taken, than the Germans made an assault on the hill, and I fought and beat the Germans while wearing a tuxedo.”
Here is a picture of the picture he gave me. Notice he is wearing his combat boots.
They also found a jewel studded shotgun in the farm house.
Happy Veterans Day and Thanks for Your Service.
Jim Cheatham and Tuxedo.JPG

Rico that was hilarious. It looks like the captain just barely fit in that tuxedo.

He was a strong man able to do one handed chin-ups. He would do non-stop pushups on each birthday for his age. His last time to the doctor, he dropped down and gave the doctor 85 push ups.

Back