• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Video: Monkey hitting the skeet range

Water Monkey

The man, the myth, the monkey
Supporter
Got out Saturday morning for a couple of hours for 4 rounds of skeet.

Been mentally working out my hold points and look points the past couple of weeks based on instruction from private instruction and watching some youtube videos from Todd Bender. Wanted to put some things to the test. Normally I'm breaking 15-18 clays a game. This outing I was cracking 19-21 a game. Definitely a huge improvement! Highly recommend getting private instruction . I have a few areas I need to work on as I can tell from the video but very happy I'm sitting in the 20s now. I just have to do my part.

Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon III sporting with Angle Port Skeet chokes:

video can be viewed in 1080p

Water Monkey

Nice shooting.

I never took private instruction, I just shot skeet as a practice for grouse hunting. I would start start at a low ready with the stock at about waist level and then shoulder and shoot after the clay(s) were released. I never consciously thought about lead, etc. They just closed the skeet range near my house. I have not shot skeet there in a few years but I'm still bummed as I have no place convenient to shoot any more. When I was shooting a lot I would shoot 8-12 rounds a week.

Nice shooting WM!

The last time I shot skeet I didn't score nearly as well as you did. I did, however, get lucky on station 7 and broke both birds with one shot.

That is really awesome water monkey.

Before my eye surgery there is no way I could hit clay pigeons.

But now I'm starting to think that they have healed up and improved enough that I could do it.

But don't ever expect me to get 19 out of 25!

Snuck out today to Yaphank at 9am. Nobody on field 3 so I did 4 games and was done by 945.

Game 1 -20

Game 2 - 18

Game 3 - practice on stations 3,4,5,6

Game 4 - 21. Could have been 22 but I shit the bed on 8 low house (which I was crushing all day).

Heavy clouds and windy so the clays were dancing and clay speeds were all over the place.

Back