• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Vintage Shells

oli700

12g
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
ran across these the other day, forgot all about them.....reminded me of a couple more I need to find and post

just this box is worth some $....

Good old 16 gauge.

One of my all time favorite shotgun gauges/calibers

And they are 16 gauge... I have one complete box of 1950's era Remington 16 gauge and that is it... What are those? 1940-1950's era?
Mark

Oldest box of 16 gauge I have is late 80's or perhaps early 90's when Winchester Super X was "the good stuff". it's in the white/orange boxes.

Now I'm much more of a fan of Federal.

..love those older boxes. ..had a 16 once in the 500. It's said the 16 @ about 2/3" diameter is actually the most perfect ga for getting the best pattern. ..probably open up a big debate on that 1. The 16 is aka "the gentleman's gauge". ..always thought it had perfect balance.

I just love shooting my father's 1959 Sweet Sixteen. I swear it's like dove hunting with a Stradivarius. :)

Great analogy Pawpaw! I sold my 16 to a collector of Mossberg 500's who wanted it more than me. I replaced it with a 12 Classic & a 20 Field. ..have been toying with them a bit every weekend trying to figure out if I really do like them. ..wasn't really sure if I did or if I didn't, but lately have decided I do. My practice has gotten me able to shoulder each gun exactly the same each time. I shot pretty well with the 16. Hopefully I'll do the same with these replacements. ..always looking for ways to have fun. Dove were the game of choice for the 16, but probably pheasant, quail & chukar will be the targets of these new ones. Dove hunting is fantastic fun I will admit.

Back