• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

VISM 1-4X24 IR

tcecil88

.30-06
Elite Member
I picked up a VISM EVO series 1-4X24 scope with an illuminated Mil-dot reticle. First impressions are very nicely made scope. Very clear glass, blue and green illuminated reticle. 30mm tube, waterproof, shockproof, blah, blah, blah. Lifetime warranty as well.
http://www.vism.com/products/scope/evo.html
If you will notice it says NCStar on the lower right hand corner. I saw this and went, "oh great" but it really is a nice scope, and with a lifetime warranty and less than $200, I figured I might as well try it.

Good deal bro!

Let us know how you end up liking it. I've got a couple NCStar scopes and like them quite well...

I forgot to say that it had target turrets that lock. Much nicer scope than my Tru-Glo. Now I have to make time to hit the range. My hope is that with the QD mount with the throw levers, I can bounce back and forth between the scope for outdoors/property defense and the red-dot for HD. I don't know how realistic that is, but I am gonna try it.

Swapping back and forth is doable, but you'll have to spend some time at the range to find out how the mounts hold zero after being removed/reattached...

Yeah, I figured as much. Hopefull I can get a repeatable zero fairly quickly. It is about an hour trip to the nearest 100 yard range.

Better safe than sorry.

Even the high dollar EOTech QD units are only guaranteed for a repeatable zero to within 2MOA. Keep us posted, I'm interested to see how your set-up does...

I got to sight in my Sig M400 today with the VISM 1-4X24 IR scope today. Although it was only 40 yards I was able to print a nice 4 shot 1 inch group 1 inch above center in only 10 shots. Adjustments were very positive and the locking turrets work as advertised. The optic is very bright and crisp all the way through it's power range. Initial impressions after 60 shots are very good. Now I have to get somewhere and stretch the range out to use the mil dots.

Nice man!

Thanks for the initial report. Lookin forward to seeing how it performs when you get to reach out...

Back