• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Vista Outdoors to Dump Savage / Stevens?

cmcdonald

Boating Accident Victim
Staff member
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
http://money.cnn.com/2018/05/01/news/companies/vista-outdoor-savage-guns/index.html

This is the same company that was embroiled in a controversy here with MEC (Mountain Equipment Co-op) as someone called them out on social media for being a firearms and ammunition manufacturer.

These guys make Federal, Speer, CCI & Blazer, Alliant Powder, Uncle Mike's, Outers, Redfield, Bushnell, Weaver just to name a few.....holy crap! And, it sounds like they're about to rollover.

If they do...I will do my level best to never give them another penny and boycott every single brand they carry.

I have always liked savage and stevens guns. Matter of fact, my first gun was an old Stevens shotgun.

I bet, most people would be surprised to find out they even made an AR15 since most of their more popular Stevens and Savage guns are either shotguns or bolt action hunting and rimfire rifles.

What's even more deceptive is the savage MSR or whatever they call it, costs almost 3 grand msrp. They won't sell many of them considering you can buy a Colt 6920 for 1/3 of the cost of a savage.

I also will be the first to say in recent years, the Stevens shotguns that have been imported from Republic of China and you often find them for sale at walmart, have very little demand in the marketplace since they're only using the name recognition that they once had. Not saying that the Chinese can't build a good gun. They can. But China is still a long dang way from Massachusetts.

I hear ya John. I just hate to see one more company cave into the pressure.

It just goes to show that some gun manufacturers despite claims to the opposite are only supportive of the 2A,
the NRA and gun owners as long as they’re making their bottom line from it. The first sign of opposition and a perceived threat to profits and they’re out. They want to insulate all their other non-firearm related product sales against the loss of the snowflakes buying their camelbaks, Serengeti’s, Bolle’s etc.

Whatever their reasoning it seems rather stupid to potentially alienate a large portion of their customer base.

It would also seem that they don’t think we’re smart enough to realize we can do all same things the liberals are doing. We can march, yell, scream and boycott and punish them for their treason by withholding our wallets just the same.

The BIG difference is...we’re stubborn. We WON’T EVER go back, not in a week or a month or a year...when its cool again. NOPE! NEVER! Kiss my @$$!

Oh yeah, I shoot a lot of Federal, CCI and Blazer. If they go ahead...I’ll use it up and never buy another round...EVER. I’ll never buy another Uncle Mike’s or Butler Creek anything. No more Hoppes or Outers cleaning and maintenance stuff. Nope...nothing. I’ll buy Hornady and Winchester ammo and anything else decent I can find here. Don’t care if I have to just make do...it’s ok. It’s better than giving these schmucks what they want.

Make no mistake guys...this is real and they’re trying hard to break us. And those suits sitting at the top of the corporate ladder couldn’t give a flying fling flang about us losing our rights. They won’t ever be affected by it. They’ll always be protected.

I’m actually considering not accepting the Primos Tightwad...sposed to go pick it up tmrw. I’m gonna ask if I can refuse or return it on the spot. I will not willingly support these commies.

I’m also going to write to Cabelas and my LGS and ask them to stop supporting Vista Outdoors if they go through with this. I will not buy their products and I will go to other stores that carry alternative product.

Vista Outdoor’s Decision to Dump Gun Manufacturers May Not Have To Do With Parkland After All > LINK

In other words, Metz said the decision had nothing at all to do with Parkland, but with a far too rapid expansion and how the political climate impacted gun sales.

Of course, if Parkland has played any role, it’s in driving up sales of firearms.

But it’s CBS News. They have to try and make everything about Parkland and the aftermath. Vista Outdoor, however, doesn’t seem to be driven by that. If you look at its brands, you’ll see that even if it sells Savage and Stevens Arms, it’ll still be knee deep in the firearm industry.

That does sound like a better answer.

Sounds like he just crapped all over cbs news, however, cbs news wasn't the author in the article that I read. CNN was. And they're not owned by the same people either.

If gun sales are up and you’re “knee deep” in the firearms industry anyway...why would you exit a profitable business?

I’d say something doesn’t add up and usually if there is confusion around someone’s motives it’s because there are lies being told.

EDIT: My guess is they’re gonna try to play both sides of the fence.

Maybe I’ve got this all backward and I’ll change my tune when they prove me wrong. Until then...I returned the Primos Tightwad today and got a Carlson’s Full choke instead.

Also bought some Winchester Longbeard and some #6 shot too.

Maybe I’ve got this all backward and I’ll change my tune when they prove me wrong. Until then...I returned the Primos Tightwad today and got a Carlson’s Full choke instead.

Also bought some Winchester Longbeard and some #6 shot too.

Best patterns I've ever had is with the Tite Wad and Jellyhead Chokes!!!!! Be damned if I'm giving up my prized Primo's chokes, but I won't buy another if they won't support me.

There are about a dozen brands under Vista that I use on a regular basis.

I find it hard to give money to those that do not support me but the roots of corporate owned brands is soo deep it's damn hard to avoid it.

Best patterns I've ever had is with the Tite Wad and Jellyhead Chokes!!!!! Be damned if I'm giving up my prized Primo's chokes, but I won't buy another if they won't support me.

There are about a dozen brands under Vista that I use on a regular basis.

I find it hard to give money to those that do not support me but the roots of corporate owned brads is soo deep it's damn hard to avoid it.
I know...it really sucks they’ve got such a large stable of popular shooting/hunting gear.

I’d rather do without than support that crap. I hope they prove me wrong.

Back