• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Waiting......got it and some

Dual Ghost Ring. Nice!! ;-D

Uh oh, $#!+ just got real!

Ok I see the Aero Precision Ultralight mount, so what's gonna be mounted in it?

Sweet!

I like the looks of that reticle. Definitely curious to know how you like it once you're able to set it up and run it...

I was a little on the fence about it because my reloads , with the powder shortage, are not all the same fps due to powder variances.
I have rounds loaded with IMR3031, CFE223,AR Comp, H335 and IMR4895 .
With the BDC reticle it help to have all the same fps. I am 2700 fps on my 75gr HPBT's and 2900 to 3200 fps on my 55gr's.
Dimitri says to go .5 moa high at 100 and all the rest of the holds to 400 will be money so that sealed it. Judging the wind at and past 400 will be the toughest with the 55gr, much better with the 75gr. I don't plan on much more than 400y round here and even that far almost always involves slope.......so it should be fun learning it

Nice Oli. Like the others I'll be looking for a field report.

I can de defnitely see where the varying charges could get a bit squirrely at longer ranges. Hopefully it won't cause too much of an issue and I'm eager to see the results...

I have rounds loaded with IMR3031, CFE223,AR Comp, H335 and IMR4895 .
With the BDC reticle it help to have all the same fps. I am 2700 fps on my 75gr HPBT's and 2900 to 3200 fps on my 55gr's.
Dimitri says to go .5 moa high at 100 and all the rest of the holds to 400 will be money so that sealed it. Judging the wind at and past 400 will be the toughest with the 55gr, much better with the 75gr. I don't plan on much more than 400y round here and even that far almost always involves slope.......so it should be fun learning it

oli~ I teach that schidt and you are spot on that 400 yards is the limit of reasonable distance. It's usually far less than that.

Nice scope mount.

I'm curious how they list that the reticle is compatible with .223/5.56 5.45x39 .308. It would seem that the bullet drop would be vastly different for each caliber.

For each bullet weight even.

I believe 308 and 556 are similar trajectory out to 400 then it changes drastically......545 is real similar to 556

they sent me a bullet drop table for my rounds over email and the 75gr and 55gr are real close to 300 then the 55gr drops off and the 75gr keeps going a couple hundred more yards before it starts the down hill turn

Roger that.

Many rounds do have a similar trajectory.

For a while.

That's why I was asking.

But most people aren't likely to be taking many 600 and 800 yard shots anyway. Usually maybe out to about 250 tops.

Myself, I hardly get over 100, but sometimes I may really stretch it out to a whole 175 :)

I go in waves
lately I haven't been shooting over 30 yards.
Been practicing snapping up with double trigger pull with AR and drawing my 29 from conceal carry , shooting two from the hip at 20 feet, rifle/ pistol transition .....fun but I am anxious to get the scope and stretch it out some...

To be honest, I think variety is the spice of life.

And shooting the same thing at the same thing, at the same distance, gets rather boring to me quickly.

And why I prefer to be proficient enough to shoot different things and at different distances and in different ways.

Changing up shooting is great. That's the biggest thing I don't like about my gun club...paper targets at the same old distances. I take my boy to the muzzle loader range that's off by itself and put out some cans and plastic bottles to keep it interesting for him.

I will have the scope Saturday and take it out Sunday to see what it can do.......

They had 400 in stock and they were sold out in less than an hour !

yeah, there are some pissed off people who were taking a dump when the notification came out

here is one of the funnier ones
When I awoke from my colonoscopy, there was the email, but all sold out. At least the colonoscopy results were OK.

Last edited:
Back