• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Waitsters 930 JM Pro (a german gun story)

Glad you got it back.

Looking forward to your next range report. Hope everything goes well and functions as it should...

Moin...

My new barrel is arrived! Wow... much faster I ever hope ;-)
But... the gunsmith needs my gun to change the barrel and than the gun need a new official stamp from our "Beschussamt" (think SAAMI in US!?). Time?? No information! So I have to shoot the next two competitions with the old barrel and give the gun back after them mid April.
Maybe I'll make some pics before and after.

Man, that's some incredible patience and determination. I hope all goes well and your patience is rewarded with a fine running firearm!

...the gunsmith needs my gun to change the barrel and than the gun need a new official stamp from our "Beschussamt" (think SAAMI in US!?).

You need to "proof" the barrel?
o_O That should have already been done by Mossberg--or at least to a "sample" barrel...

And now... during a national championship... ist's happened!
I've shot 45 rounds S&B Super Parcour 12/70 - 28g - 2,5mm with this choke

Choke and (old) barrel destroyed :-/

A extended "Colonial Arms" SuperSteel IVMOD
eygtYBZWj

You can see the beed and discoloration under the sight. It's going from 01-05 o'clock around the right side
f08auhIQj

Today I handed the gun and choke to my gunsmith and has to wait... again :-/
Next championship (only slugs!) comes in July. I'm curious!

On the championship I had the opportunity to shot a 30" Winchester SX3 Raniero Testa... nice! Really nice but too long and I think a little bit too lightly!

Last edited:
Ouch, at least you have a new barrel ready.

Hello again... gun is back in business :)

New barrel runs good, latest national competition complete with a first place and some updates...

exSubnmxj

New follower from NORDIC...
pbj4yoXJj

New sight from DEAD RINGER...
exXoeQewj

New barrel clamp from TONI...
exIbBUxRj

Latest National Championship... Slugs only
6. place OverAll
1. place Marksman

edit...
Must delet the last pic because a big error in the engraving of the medal.
The shortcuts for the two states of our national association are totally wrong, even one forbidden :-/

Last edited:
And the next -I hope usefull- update :)

The big release plate from TONI Systems (you remember the barrel clamp?)
Have to drill the original.
eyNAnRo3j

The gap looks really big...
idn9IqNUj

... but you need it!
idibRxaVj

Time for the next competition :)

OMG...

THIS GUN HATE ME :-/
1. shot (training for a speed competition next saturday) and the rear shell stop is broken! Last time it was the pin, now the rear shell stop himself :-/
Again weeks without... ;-(

Good lord, that really sucks.

Terribly sorry for your troubles and bad luck with this shotgun...

Wow, I had really hoped and thought things had turned around for you with this gun!

What's the next step? Anything covered by warranty?

I no longer trust my dealer and importer and so I care myself!
Some emails to other gundealer and "Zak" are out and now I wait! Again!
Think the shell stop 930 and 930 JM is the same!?

In the meantime I work on the Troy handguard for my Arsenal and train my handgun skills ;-)

Last edited:
930's shell stop is the same for all versions of the 930. If this continues, look at the Benelli's. More expensive, but much less hassle.

@mike...

I know the Benelli's ;-)
Have shoot the M3 and M4 many times (borrowed) before my 930. Fine guns in quality and handling but too expensive for me and my targets in shooting. And... my ol' lady and treasurer is very watchful ;-)

Think the break of the rear shell stop, right at the holes/eyes of the rear shell stop pin, is a not resolved material weakening from the last malfunction with the pin!
Or can it be the new and strong magazine spring? This time I don't cut them down before first shooting!

I'm a atheist but I have to praise someone!

"God bless you Mr. Zak" ;-)

I wrote him a email with my problem and gave him the adress from my brother in US.
One week later my brother call me that he have a letter from Texas and send me a small package with some "AK-Operator" stuff, a Uzi tool and the complete Mossberg shellstop!

Yesterday I build it in and... miracle... it works :) Drytrain until now!
Troubleshooting was... the drilling and threading for the TONI-release.
The hole was not centrally in the middle of the original release-stud and so the screw hooked with the spring under/in the stud.

Now we try to shorten the screw and test it again. Otherwise I've to live with the original. Small but works flawlessy :)

Saturday is trainingday and moment of truth!

Back