• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Wal-Mart: Cheapest Target Loads?

RentMyBoat

Copper BB
:D Good Morning.
I have done some shopping all over...MD, TN, FL, NC, etc.... Wal-Mart is STILL the CHEAPEST place to buy a brick (100 rounds) of target loads. The brands, in my opinion, are reputable in Winchester, Remington and Federal (my preference).
Their shelves are always full of these. :? I am starting to wonder if these are decent & safe rounds. :? I am trying to plan for a B-day event with 7th graders.
FYI: I remember buying bricks @ Wal-Mart when they were @ $12.88 each. They are now @ $20.97.
Thanks for your input; but still the cheapest.
Your feedback are always appreciated.

I shoot Wal-Mart in all my guns for target loads. You can't beat the price of the Wal-Mart ammunition. I typically prefer the federal for my 12g but I use the winchester white boxes for any of my handguns. I would see no reason to worry about using Wal-Mart ammunition for a birthday event with 7th graders. Hope that helps.

Nothing wrong with ammo from WalMart. Unless youre reloading its least expensive way to go for target loads and just putting in some time behind the trigger. They Also carry Federal flight control and I think I have seen Winchester Supreme Elite. There are some rounds I cant get there, but just like youre talking, if youre shooting at targets, do it. I have never had a Winchester bird, target or slug from WalMart fail.

Thanks to everyone who have participated on this thread. Your comments reinforced my trust and confidence on the rounds I continue to buy @ Walmart. :D

Academy has some pretty good prices on ammo as well but I think Wal-Mart is still the cheapest.

I too purchase my 12 gauge ammunition from Walmart. I have tried both the Federal and the Remington and prefer the Remington, but have had no problems with either. Also get the Remington 00 buck and slug value packs.

Back