• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

War with Iran

Do you guys think it is likely? What kind of war will it be if it happens?

Personally, I think it is quite likely will will be fighting there. If it does happen I hope things don't get crazy. I say crazy because as I understand it China and Russia are enjoying Iranian oil; if we go in and disrupt their supply they may object and have something to say about it. What are your thoughts?

I am no fan of Iran, but I think things are going to get severely complicated if we go in guns a blazing given who they are supplying oil to.

It makes me think about what the U.S. reaction would be if someone were to start a fight with a major oil supplier of ours such as Saudi Arabia.

My hope is that if war happens it is short, sweet, and does not get China and Russia involved.

I hope I am not coming off as an alarmist but things as I see it could get ugly real fast given the scenario and the parties involved.

Iran and Venezuela are building ICBM missle bases on some peninsula. This is confirmed as on Jan 05, just a few days ago.

Thing with Iran and their theocracy, their goal isnt to survive war, its to destroy their enemy. Venezuela isnt necessarily an ally who shares all their views, but "the enemy of my enemy is my friend".

Domestic production would eleviate this mess.

Its kind of a stand off with both parties trying to bluff. I dont think the administration wants to attack and I dont think Iran wants to attack nor do they want to be attacked. The thing is, theres lots of big talk and neither side can continue indefinitely. Iran says the if the sanctions are carried out it will be viewed as an act of war and the Straight will be closed. The US says if the Straight is closed it will be viewed as an act of war and any Iranian naval vessel involved will be destroyed. Yet Iranian navy test fires surface to surface cruise missles in the Straight unchecked.

So what happens? There is no way for either side to back down and save face.

If I understand correctly, China benefits if anything happens, though I dont remember the reasoning... I'll have to do more researching.

Seems like a no brainer, can we afford it? I would hate for another Afghanistan or Iraq? And we risk the currently known leadership for an enemy/leader we do not know? If we strike, it should be at arms length but we will solidify that region's hatred of America. What the hell do I know....lol. I am just sick of all the killing.

They hate us anyway. Regardless of how far we pull back, they will always hate us. Their theocracy dictates our death. They call us the great satan.

However, I'm certainly no fan of war. I am a fan of missles! ;)

Can we afford it? I have no clue.

I dont mean to sound pesimistic... just so many things seem so clearly inevitable. Man I hope not though.

Rossignol said:
They hate us anyway. Regardless of how far we pull back, they will always hate us. Their theocracy dictates our death. They call us the great satan.

However, I'm certainly no fan of war. I am a fan of missles! ;)

Can we afford it? I have no clue.

I dont mean to sound pesimistic... just so many things seem so clearly inevitable. Man I hope not though.

Im proud to be an infidel.

Sent from Droid Incredible on Verizon Wireless

Considering that my sons school sells produce raised by the kids to afford school necessities I would say that we cannot afford another war. So much for my tax dollar at work.

I would like to read where you read that they are building ICBMs, not that I doubt it, but when I tell other people this, I need to be able to cite the information (liberal co-workers :roll: ).

Rossignol said:
This one of several sites running the same article that was sourced from a German paper I believe it was;
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2012/01/iran_building_missile_base_in_venezuela.html

That one is the American Thinker, but a search for "iran venezuela missle" will yield a number of results...

Check this one out too from Fox Latino News;
http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/ne...ilding-secret-missile-installation-venezuela/

Thanks Rossignol,

That was just what I was looking for.

Now the question I want answered is why, even if this is just speculation, isn't our media covering this? One would think that something as significant as this would at the very least merit a 1-2 minute snippet on the nightly news.

Shooter... I'm afraid I'm inclined to agree.

Erik, There are all sorts of things goin on that should be getting more attention. I dont get it. I think Shooter is right, and I think it will be "scheduled" and used for purposes of re-election.

Obama has proven himself woefully inadequate at foreign relations since he has been in office. He has proved that over and over again.

Iran likes to talk big and as long as they think they have the backing of much larger nations, he's going to continue to push and push and push until the SHTF, then he'll go into hiding faster than a fly on sh1t. Just like he did their last elections when they had that little uprising when they shut off twitter and stuff.

If it could be proven that Iran has a nuclear weapon, I think Isreal would take pre-emptive action just like they did with Iraq back in the 70's when they flew in there and bombed it off the face of the planet.

You just don't screw around with Isreal. They don't have the luxury of patience for a lot of BS. And as many threats as Iran has made toward Isreal, who could blame them? I certainly couldn't.

For that matter, I would support Israel for it.

Ah yes, I forgot how politically convenient it would be to have a new war during an election year.

I think Israel can easily handle Iran on their own. I am surprised they have not bombed Iran back into the stone age.

Ahmadinejad scares the hell out of me. That said, we really don;'t need yet another conflict over there. Esp if even a hint of the the motivation behind it is to help clinch an election here.

I also agree that for various reasons it may be inevitable, just a matter of when.

oli700 said:
Looks like someone just smoked one of their boys

I heard the same thing! It was their top nuclear scientist or scientist who headed up the nuclear program... They also said there had been a few, that this was the most recent. I havent yet looked for the story to verify or back it up.

Sounds like a clandestine/covert hit? One can hope! :D

http://news.yahoo.com/bomb-kills-iran-n ... 52391.html

highlights:

TEHRAN (Reuters) - An Iranian nuclear scientist was blown up in his car by a motorbike hitman

The fifth daylight attack on technical experts in two years, the magnetic bomb delivered a targeted blast to the door of 32-year-old Mostafa Ahmadi-Roshan's car

Israel, whose military chief said on Tuesday that Iran could expect to suffer more mysterious mishaps, declined comment. The White House, struggling for Chinese and Russian help on economic sanctions, denied any U.S. role and condemned the attack.

The killing, which left debris hanging in trees and body parts on the road, came in a week of heightened tension:

Iran has started an underground uranium enrichment plant and sentenced an American to death for spying

In Tokyo on Thursday, Japanese Finance Minister Jun Azumi pledged after talks with U.S. Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner to steadily reduce oil imports from Iran in support of U.S. sanctions

While witnesses spoke of a frighteningly loud explosion and parts of the Peugeot 405 ended up in the branches of the trees lining Gol Nabi Street, much of the car was left intact. This suggested a charge designed to be sure of both killing the occupants and preventing serious injury to others.

Witnesses said the motorcycle, from which the rear pillion passenger reached out to stick the device to the side of the car, made off into the heavy commuter traffic.

Oil prices have firmed 5 percent since U.S. President Barack Obama moved on New Year's Eve to block bank payments for oil to Iran. The European Union is expected this month to impose a ban on its states buying oil from Tehran, and other major customers have been looking for alternative supplies.

In Iran, the new U.S. sanctions have started to bite.

The rial currency has lost 20 percent of its value against the dollar in the past week

Back