• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Water Monkey's 2017 Projects

Nice shooting glad all worked out. What keeps going thru my brain is how comical the antis find a standard AR evil and dangerous but consider a garand "safe" they so dumb.

Nice shooting glad all worked out. What keeps going thru my brain is how comical the antis find a standard AR evil and dangerous but consider a garand "safe" they so dumb.

lol.... and I can put a bayonet on my Garand along with a muzzle brake... and still be NY legal..... shit weasels.

That Freedom Munitions, did you get the reman or new ammo? Their reman 60 gr VMax is what I most recently shot in my savage. I'd definitely get more. Good price and good shooting stuff and as evidenced by your groups too, it's the clear winner of the day!

Please read my sig line Djcala. I have felt that way for about as long as I can remember.

Monkey boy, I'm glad you handled the Garand yourself. It's not hard, you just have to watch what you're doing. Take your time, use lots of cutting oil, and keep the bit straight. And slow down just before you punch through. That's usually when the bit grabs and breaks.

And as you probably noticed, drill steel is hard, but that hardness also makes it pretty brittle.

Though I hate breaking a bit off in my workpiece. I usually huff and puff and say a lot of big boy words, but they usually come out right without having to resort to industrial tools.

Please read my sig line Djcala. I have felt that way for about as long as I can remember.

Monkey boy, I'm glad you handled the Garand yourself. It's not hard, you just have to watch what you're doing. Take your time, use lots of cutting oil, and keep the bit straight. And slow down just before you punch through. That's usually when the bit grabs and breaks.

And as you probably noticed, drill steel is hard, but that hardness also makes it pretty brittle.

Though I hate breaking a bit off in my workpiece. I usually huff and puff and say a lot of big boy words, but they usually come out right without having to resort to industrial tools.

Damn first bit snapped on the 3rd rotation into the hole.... was soooo damn pissed.

Back