• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Weapon Mounted Tactical Lights/Lasers

I actually just picked up the TLR-1s myself. It is the 300 lumen model with strobe. Awesome weapon light.

I've looked at the ArmyTek but they're a bit too pricey compared to the O-light, FourSevens, and Streamlights. Although perhaps the programming features of the ArmyTek are worth it.

For that price I think I'd have to agree. I paid $65 delivered to my door from a reputable online dealer. That is a great light and if I thought it was legit I'd buy a dozen without blinking.

kwizzer said:
Yeah, he was ripping people off. He managed to "sell" 29 of them, but none of the 7 people to leave feedback on them actually got the light. Hard to believe anyone actually sent the guy any money to begin with.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...userid=yreixeko&ftab=AllFeedback&myworld=true

I'm usually pretty leery of new sellers, esp if what they are selling seems to good of a deal.

if a seller has 100 negative to 10K positive, I don't sweat it. If a seller has 100 bad to 500 positive, I will steer clear. If the seller has neg. to 7 pos. run like hell. :lol:

I had a coworker get ripped off a few months ago because she jumped on a awesome deal on some workout DVD's but never checked the feedback before sending the money.

Re: Mounting A Light On A 500 Tactical Cruiser/Persuader

chucknorris said:
nice and simple, but, those are for a Remington 870. anyone know if this will fit a mossberg 930? looks like they dont make one specifically for any mossberg. These are streamlight accesories.

The Streamlight 69906 mount for the 870 does work quite well on a Mossberg 930. I've been using it for a year or so now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE9PcFhmzv4

6y4eqa6e.jpg

I bought the BSA Varmint Hunter Laser/Light combo for scopes which conveniently fits a standard 12ga mag tube

Seeing alot of the Streamlight TLR-1's posted up in here does anyone have any trigger time with the 2013 "HL" version yet?
I would think it is pretty bad a**! ANSI rated @630 lumens through an optical lenses.. That might be a little more than you need for indoors but, outdoor use or a tool for an LEO to light up a dark urban alley while in pursuit its gotta be a life saver. I use to hate on Streamlight for their lack of out put compared to off brands but I gotta admit, this thing is tempting. And only 120 bucks for a specialty type light... Its almost too good. I remember the older less refined ones going for twice that.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00B8Q31U ... -3&pi=SL75

So is the newer Surefire x series with 500lms but it's carries the usual SF price tag. Not too too bad though.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00999CBJ ... -1&pi=SL75

I'd love to find some feedback on these two other than amazon reviews. Maybe some beam shots too.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Well they're just so fun! I currently have a S&W 686+, Beretta 92fs, Springfield 1911 SS Loaded, Sig Sauer Mosquito and Ruger Mark III 22/45. Lots of fun to choose from

Figured I'd show off my ultra-low budget flashlight mount, holding my ultra-low budget flashlight... :cool:

I took the calipers to the 500 and made a paper template to test with. Then I converted the template to a piece of Corian solid surface for some 3-dimensional fitment.

Afterwards I CNC'd the finished piece out of black UHMW polyethylene. Light is held in place by friction/6-32 set screw in the bottom. Mount is held up against the takedown screw assembly with a zip-tie strap for the moment until I come up with a more clever idea... ;)

This should be interesting, never shot a gun with a laser on it before…..going to have a shoot fest tomorrow, we’ll see but I like it so far. Santa likes lasers

Lookin forward to your report oli.

I've found lasers to be a good training tool for practicing trigger control. They really show how much you move during the pull...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Lookin forward to your report oli....
loved it, way fast. Really bright day and I couldn't see it at 30 feet, moved the target in the shade and it was very visible. Actually very visible everywhere other then direct bright sun and black surface is real subdued but still visible. Felt really weird trying to shoot without looking down the iron sights but using them both together was real fast and accurate, really cool shooting from holster level and hitting the bull.

Was cool because like you said you can see trigger pull issues with it and I could see my buddy's pull to the right just before the hole appeared to the right, he gave less finger and was on the bull

Its staying on

Very cool.

Good to see you're liking it. The other thing that you'll notice is how the laser presentation on target in relationship to your iron sights will change at various distances. They really are fun to mess with and are a great tool for practice...

I am more impressed for what it has done for me and a shooting buddy then I thought I would be.

First what I don’t like:
Holster selection blows, it fits fine in my Uncle Mikes IWB, one of those 15 dollar soft jobs. It is actually my usual CC holster so that cool but I notice I turned the laser on once , I believe it was as I was pulling it out of my waist band but none the less it is possible to turn it on inside the holster.

The laser washes out in bright a light and dark color, technically that’s fine because my pistol has iron sights and my natural tendency is to look down them anyway but it would be nice to see all the time. Green is a little more visible, but the unit is much bigger, because it needs so much more power that it needs twice the batter, even with twice the battery the green only lasts half the time as red

What I like :

It weighs nothing and is super small

It is nice and bright on all colors in any condition other than bright sun light, even on a bright day I moved a target into a shadow and the dot was bright.

It took adjustment well

The on off paddles are really recessed and actually take a decent push to activate, really streamline , can be turned on/off from both sides and not easy to accidentally activate, although I did I think it was just a direct pinch as I was removing it, I have checked several time while riding in a vehicle and different situations and it hasn’t been on yet

I was shooting from the hip and scoring awesome hits, don’t know what else can do this, maybe a tac light at night but not during the day or even dusk. If for some reason you cant look down irons, or had to shoot from weird positions it would hit no mater if you pulled the trigger decent.
No one ever mentions this but it is a second sighting system, it could be a back up if something happened to the irons….it happens.
Although its dialed in for one distance, so are all other sights and this is no different than irons or a red dot in that respect, only thing better is hash marks on an optic and unless your bullet, barrel length and such is just like the stuff they used to create the optic you will be slightly off so I never by that argument

As far as my accuracy, that thing shows movement, bigtime. It instantly made me concentrate on my grip, and trigger pull. It instantly made me more aware of what my muzzle was doing.

Also this is the coolest part, my regular shooting partner instantly shot it better as well, and another friend that has never shot it started hitting way right, right off the bat, I could literally see the dot move to the right just the instant a hole would appear to the right. He fired three and I said “ use the pad of your finger instead of the joint”, bulls eye and another 5 all around the bull in the 9 ring.

This part I was not expecting at all, I have it dials in for 30 feet. When I first got it on the pistol they say to bring it in with the irons for a starting point and fine tune from there. Well I did that and it showed my where my front sight likes to be held and it was a little different than my usual hold.

Like I said on the bright sunny day 30 feet was very doable in a shadow but at 50 feet it was tough to see. So I shot 50 rounds at 30 feet. When I was done with that I took a dead rest and pulled up on my 100 yard 12” gong, laser not visible of course, squeezed off a round using my new found front sight position and rocked that gong for all it was worth, I got a little over half the mag on the gong. I try that every time I shoot it and never hit it. I was sold that the laser did nothing but help me become a better shooter in one shooting session.

My next mission will be in twilight or dark and see just what I can do with it at distance, since the 10mm flies fairly fast and flat it should be interesting to see what it can do because when I was hitting the gong I was holding right on it like it was 10 yards away.

I am going to run this thing and since the G29 is my edc it is going to be on my front line personal defense choice, with not even a second thought. I would never depend 100% on it because that would be foolish but it is definitely more of a benefit then anything for me…..didnt think I would be this happy with it, it is a tool an many more levels then I gave it credit for

Back