• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Weapon Mounted Tactical Lights/Lasers

I am so glad to hear that you're finally not as frustrated and exasperated with the G29 (which I think I helped influence you to buy).

Great range report, my brother!

I can say I am actually enjoying it at this point.
Today I shot some milk jugs with water to capture an XTP and a Gold Dot the problem was the only flat thing around was a car trailer. Too high for prone , to low for seated on the ground shooting in order to get the perfectly straight shot so the bullet didn't fly off so I could recover it.
I sat on my butt and used the laser to successfully center punch the jugs, perfect shots !

did some 55gr Hornady SP's and a 77gr HPBT too!

Hope everything is going well

Anybody have any experience with these?

FhA3L8B.jpg

http://www.gggaz.com/mossberg-500-sling ... mount.html

http://www.gggaz.com/mossberg-590-sling ... mount.html

I have basically the same question. As a former law enforcement officer long since retired, I carried a flashlight in one hand and my handgun in the other for many years. Now that I have acquired a Mossberg 590 A-1 for primarily a home defense weapon it's obvious that a light in one hand and the 7 plus pound 590 in the other is not very practical. I've checked out some of the very high ticket lights on the internet, but I really don't want to spend about half what I paid for my Mossberg for a light. I'll be taking the Mossberg out to the range for play and practice, but other than that it'll be living next to my bed and hopefully will never be used for actual home defense or otherwise. Can someone in this fine group suggest a reasonable priced and reliable light that can be mounted to the extended tube mag with any of the mounting clamps that I've seen on the Net. An easy on-easy off switch would be just what I need I think. No long range shooting is anticipated.

Thanks to any of you gentlemen in advance.

Nevadajim775
Fallon, NV

a Streamlight TLR1 on a Laserlight tri rail mount is good bang for the buck, paddle switch and it comes on and off the gun easy and without tools, mounts on many systems

nevadajim775 said:
Can someone in this fine group suggest a reasonable priced and reliable light that can be mounted to the extended tube mag with any of the mounting clamps that I've seen on the Net.

As Oli said, a TLR1 mounted on one of the mag-tube tri-rails is a fine choice.

You might also consider paring a mag-tube tri rail with something like a LED Streamlight Polytac (#88850) in an inexpensive mount like THIS ONE, it's a much less expensive alternative to a TLR series light.

I sure like most of these led offerings these days, good bright lights. The only reason I settled on a TLR is that they are made to take recoil. Its about the cheapest light you can get that wont beat the batteries up on recoil. But you can get about any LED light mount it and it will be good for HD, just don't have it mounted during all your practice shooting because the battery compartment isn't made to take repeated recoil of a 12 gauge

Just ordered one of those clamp on mag tube mounts and a light for on my 500. Pictures to follow when it all arrives.

For my first build I went crazy bolting stuff on that was "Cool" yet functional.
Well, "Cool" adds more weight.
And makes it harder for my wife and daughter to shoulder. The ATI Talon Tactical stock added more weight than I thought it would and didn't adjust as much as I thought it would. Plus the weight of the light/laser combo AND a big, heavy Red Dot sight made the thing feel like the barrel of a tank instead of a shotgun when clearing the house.
SO...
Made a few changes.
First;
Why have both light/laser combo AND Red Dot scope?
It's redundant.
Removed the UTG Leapers Red/Green Dot Scope and rail from the top of the receiver.
Then removed the ATI Talon Tactical 6 Position Stock.
In it place I added a Shockwave Technologies Raptor Grip instead. MUCH easier to maneuver around the house! Since I left the light/laser combo in place, I have no need to hold the shotgun at eye level to aim. Just put the light and red dot on the perp and BLAMMO!
I sighted the laser at about 20 feet and took it out to the desert for a test drive. Picked off several bottles and clay pigeons propped up in the dirt from at least 20-25 feet. My 13 year old daughter did it too, which was the real reason for the changes.
Lighter weight, more maneuverable, more versatile, broader range of potential users.
Win, win.

Light/Laser Combo from UTG. New stock Shockwave Technologies Raptor Grip
Short stock a downsized.jpg
6 position stock, Red Dot scope and top rail, gone.
Wide shot c downsized.jpg
Close up of UTG Light/Laser combo, Ergo Thumb Stop and Magpul AFG 2 all mounted onto the Ergo Tri-Rail forend.
Short stock b downsized.jpg
after 86 cropped.jpg
AFG1 grind f downsized.jpg

this looks like an appropriate thread so ill pose a question.. is there available, a mount for a light that can be attached to a pic rail, that has a quick attach for the light itself, not the mount? in setting up my LBV i would like to carry a light, to be used as handheld, but with the option to slide into a mount and lock into place on a rifle or shotgun if needed. i did seesaomething on ebay but it was a magnetic retention for the light, and that doesnt seem sufficient to me, and given that most lights are going to aluminum bodies would be useless.

I've seen and handled the L3 forend at a local shop, but haven't used one.

Lookin forward to your feedback...

Finally broke down and ordered a Streamlight.

The housing on my SIG STL-900L broke and my back-up Insight X2 is a little small for my full sized pistols. Enter the Streamlight TLR1s...

policestuff_2312_733630612.jpg

Ordered it from lapolicegear.com. Was on sale for $104.99 with free shipping, plus they're running a site wide 12% off sale for Easter. Got it for $92 and some change shipped. It'll be a lot brighter than the 120 lumen output I've been running, but with all the positive reviews on the TLR series this was too good a deal to pass up...

this is a nice concept...saw this offered before (something like this-not exactly this) at shotgunworld.com a few months ago....

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=365792

1000lv.jpg

the maker is gorilla combat/ gorilla flashlight from thailand...

http://www.gorillaflashlight.com

too bad weapon lights in this format is mostly offered for the remington 870 only....

hope smeone develops one for mossbergs too, and can be mounted via magazine cap screw perhaps..

Last edited:
That would look badass on the end of my 870 bullpup.

ny7upa4u.jpg

I would probably have to drill a hole in the case to get it to not look stupid though.....

Sent from my Apple Newton in 1993 with 640k of RAM

Back