• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Weapon Mounted Tactical Lights/Lasers

Re: question/recommendations on light for M500

I use the Coast light with momentary on and tape switch.

The light is mounted in the bracket, also from Coast. I have the CDM Gear MT clamp on the magazine tube directly behind the bayonet lug of my 590A1 with the light pushed as far forward as it would go. I like the light that far forward cuz there is almost no shadow cast from the magazine tube or barrel.

The cord isnt an issue for me, but I understand how it could be some folks. If it ever starts to irritate me, I'll take it off and put the tail cap back on.

Heres my post with pics of the Coast light;
Coast TX 40, Coast Products Review

And heres a video I did to show how bright the light is, the momentary on/off with the tape switch, and the almost non shadow from the way I have it mounted.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfNw4oZCgJs[/youtube]

Not tryin to sell you on it, just that I really like mine! I think if not this, than I would go for the TLR1!

Most compact tactical laser for my 500 cruiser

I was wondering what the most compact laser configuration I could get would be for my 500 Cruiser. I bought the cruiser so it'd be small and portable so I don't like attaching clunky accessories on it. But, I think a laser could help with the accuracy quite a bit being a pistol grip. At least could make a good practice tool.

Re: Most compact tactical laser for my 500 cruiser

Are you looking for something with a pressure switch or what? The smallest laser setup I know of (no pressure switch) is the LaserMax Uni-Max Micro:
LMS-MICROMain.jpg

Mounting Lights to 500

Hey everyone, I am new to the forum and am actually new to Mossberg. I am looking for a little help with mounting a light to the front of my 500 tactical. I am not looking to spend to much, but am always looking for good quality. I would love it if you guys could provide me with some suggestions of mounts and lights that go together and possibly PICS!!!
Thanks a lot

Re: Mounting Lights to 500

Welcome to Mossberg Owners, dcr1326! Be sure to stop by the New Member Welcome Area and introduce yourself and show off your gun. As far as lights and mounts go, there a lot of good reviews in the Product Review section. If you type 'light' into the search bar there a plenty of threads that will shine some light on the subject. :lol:

Mounting Lights to 500

A Clamp-on Tri Rail is super easy and solid.
Then a rail mount light and you are in business.
If you ever decide to get an expensive Light with a pressure switch you can still use the Tri Rail mount

Re: Mounting Lights to 500

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum dcr1326 !!

Mounting Lights to 500

This is what I did to mine. Works great for me.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330219569.343254.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330219569.343254.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 1,127
Picked up an iTAC Defense model ITAC-WLL1 light/strobe/laser today. This particular unit is co-branded with SIG SAUER and sold as a model STL-900L. It's a perfect fit for my workhorse Beretta 92 Vertec...

http://itacdefense.com/ShowProductDetai ... egoryID=40

The ITAC-WLL1 tactical light & laser is a compact, lightweight solution for providing pistols and rifles with a high powered beam (steady or disorienting strobe light), incorporating a pinpoint laser adjustable for windage and elevation. This tiny powerhouse packs 130 peak lumen* of light in a quick mount design.

FEATURES:

• 3 modes of operation – steady light, strobe light, laser (with light or independent).
• Convenient left & right rear-mounted momentary and steady on/off buttons for light modes
• Independent on/off for laser.
• Self-storing Allen key for windage & elevation adjustment.
• Quick release rail attachment.
• (1) CR123 Lithium battery.

Sure fits the Beretta nice. That light is packed with features, curious to hear a report after you mess with it more. I only recently heard of iTAC, they make a holster for my SP-01 I’m considering.

iTAC Defense makes almost all of SIG SAUER's lights, holsters, etc. This is the second light I have from them. The first one I bought is a 160 lumen ITAC-TFL2 I mounted on my Ps90...

They make some great stuff. I've been fondling the WLL1 at my LGS for well over a year now but have managed to talk myself out of it until today. The laser wasn't a requisite of the purchase, but it's a nice extra feature. I really like the dual modes for constant or momentary on/off that work with both the steady beam and strobe. This thing really lights up a room too.

I've gotten so much good info off these boards but the comments about the Streamlight TLR-1 just might be the best of them all. Gonna pull the trigger (so to speak) and order mine tomorrow. Being right handed I'll mount it on the starboard rail on the tri-rail forend of my 500 Persuader.

By the time I get all that mounted my shotty will be just about decked out. My TacStar sidesaddle should come in Monday and my heat shield on Tuesday or Wednesday. I've also got a Weaver-Picatinny rail coming in to mount on top of my receiver with the thought in my head that I just might decide to hang a red-dot sight on it, when and if I find one I like a lot at a reasonable price.

Thanks for taking the time to post that LES! I've been looking at the Yukon Sightmark Holographic Reflex sight actually. I'd kinda glossed right over the Mini Shot you reviewed because of other negative reviews I saw on amazon.com but your review is a good deal more detailed than those. I love the compact size of the Mini Shot though, lots of food for thought there. Thanks again!

I have the TLR-2 and I really love it...
When I'm not using it on my Mossberg, my cat is really excited chasing the laser dot!!!

Attachments

• TLR-2.JPG
    TLR-2.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 993
IMG_0897.jpg

Insight X2L on Springfield XD SC. Not the brightest candle out of the box, but then again, that's what the Surefire or Streamlights are for.

The X2L fits the XD just right, has over 40 lumens and the laser for that little bit of added 'visual deterrence'. :lol:

Still working on how to mount a tri-rail or just Picatinny mount to the end of my 'Tactical' baseball bat so I can add a light to it. Maybe add a laser and taser option to the end, to jab them after they get cold-cocked :lol:

Back