• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

wear marks in the action

Goater

Not sure if this photo will get the job done. There is some wear in the action of my 88. Is there anyone familiar with this to the point where you can tell me if this is serious or not?IMG_0463.JPG IMG_0461.JPG

IMG_0463.JPG

Little hard to see. Any chance of a pic or two not as magnified?

Looks like one of the bolt extractors??

Can you mark the spot you are referring to?

Thanks for the consideration old mossy ... here are a couple more .... if they aren't sufficient, and they very well may not be, I'll just get a gunsmith or someone with more experience with pumps than I haveIMG_0356.JPG IMG_0357.JPG

If you are referring to the wear on the ejector and the one extractor, it all looks normal.

That's good news ... this gun had been the one I loaned to friends and shooting partners ... then I discovered that I shoot trap significantly better with this gun than I do with my Silver Reserve ... so I want to make sure it stays healthy. Sometimes you worry about a gun that is one of the least expensive shotguns on the market.

Thanks again for the feedback, old mossy

No problem sir.

Glad it's treating you good shooting trap.;)

Back