• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Went to Academy yesterday

Whats the difference between w1 and w2? First I noticed the box sizes then I saw the numbers what gives?

Yeah, probably the sku no. At first I was going to buy one but after walking off I turned around and grabbed another. It was in the same stack so I didn't look. Oh well, anyway I looked at the ballistics of both and the 155 showed more velocity and more energy than the 180 so I didn't bother to take it back.

You'll find that the 155s are going to be more "snappy" in recoil, which sounds odd because usually lighter bullets have less "felt" recoil. But that's just the way forties shoot. Both boxes you got are really good premium ammo and paper specs for both blow .45Auto out of the water.

I know that the 180s aren't charged up as much as the 135s-165s. I usually shoot 165s and they pop hard.

Both will definitely get the message across. LOL

I know that the 180s aren't charged up as much as the 135s-165s. I usually shoot 165s and they pop hard.

Just because the 180s don't sizzle like the 155s please don't think that they are less effective! My dept issue ammo is .40S&W Federal HST and I specifically chose to order the 180-gr for our guys because it is a helluva good round with excellent penetration and less felt recoil. I did not care for the lighter bullet with it's recoil characteristic.

Back