• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What color bags ,pouches,vest,...ect

Nearly everything I own is all black so that will be my vote...no good reason...

Solid colors are good! If you have the heart to paint new gear, even better! Black is a good canvas, but ideally start out lighter and go to darker. Start with tan and a couple shades of brown later can make something lookin like ATACS camo.

My favorite solid colors are tan like Dry Earth and Foliage. Well and black, but nothing in nature is black. Some colors will will kinda look differently depending on surroundings and shades of light. This is why I like the foliage, it can look grey to tan...

What are you using this gear for? Hunting? EDC? All my EDC/BOB stuff is black because I don't see myself needing any camo variants in an urban area if I need to start trying to evade someone. Now for hunting I'm with Rossignol. Flat Dark Earth, OD, Foliage are all good choices. They do make airbrush paint for fabrics, but keep in mind most nylon gear is semi-treated for durability and water resistance so no guarantee on if it'll stick or hold up. I may test this out actually, now you got me interested. Just got my new airbrush and some fabric capable paint for a different project.

Really depends on the game...and the hunting safety laws.

If you're hunting Whitetail in PA, it's required that you wear x amount of square inches of blaze orange...a hat or vest will cover that requirement.

For Turkey...Camo is the name of the game, as turkey have very keen eyesight.

For Canis latrans ( Coyotes )...Camo, calls, sight & sound lures, scent disguises.

Bottom line...check your local laws through their websites...

================================================================

http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/se ... 240&mode=2

=================================================================

Another thing on hunting, if you decide to go black for your hunting gear you can do what I do and buy a gillie/3D camo suit. Hell, I just wear comfy jeans and top layers under that and I'm good to go.

Yup...!!

WOODLANDGHILLIE.jpg

Wow, this is really an open ended question!

Sneaky, on the paint, I use Krylon Fusion designed to bond with cordura material! Works great on all sorts of tac gear!

Heres my attempt at a sort of ATACS look. It looks better now that the bag has been beat a little, and I still need to add another light brown to it. I was goin for woodland camo colored ATACS on a black base.

So I guess it really depends on what the gear is for youre wanting to color co-ordinate.
Urban Operator
Ninja
Safari Big Game Hunter
Upland Game
Night Ops
Run N Gun

Me, for the woods and fields around here, I like multicam, foliage and the Dry Earth. And just as Shooter mentioned, if youre hunting, always defer to local laws. AND! as Sneaky pointed out and clarified for us, ghillie suits arent always appropriate. The moral of the story there I think, is that, just because its camo, that doesnt mean its working. The wrong camo for the enviroment, is like not being camo'd at all.

I think thats what Sneaky was sayin... yeah, clearly that was the intended point of that pic! :lol:

Attachments

• 100_5642.JPG
    100_5642.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 384
Back