• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What did Santa bring your firearms?

Thank you! I cannot wait to get some more stuff for it!
I will eventually have 1 pouch with 00 Buck and 1 with Slugs :)

:) Like I said she pampered me this year lol I got her a HUGE teddy bear. I am going to try and get the Chest Rig on the bear :p

Well, my "old stuff" got left out this Christmas. But, I've had a weird craving these last couple of weeks for something new so I headed out to Cabela's. I raise my 14 year old daughter on my own, and it was Christmas, so I decided to be budget minded. I decided I wanted the 715T, but I heard that they had sold out. No biggie, I'd grab the H&R 3P that caught my eye recently if the 715Ts were gone.

Well, I got there and found out they still had one 715T in back. Told 'em I'd take it. But, the H&R kept calling my name. Plus, the High Point .45 carbine also peaked my interest in a quirky sort of way. Being that they were selling black firearms faster than a roadside vendor can sell fresh tomatoes, I'd decided to take all three home. I grabbed a few accessories and some ammo before heading out. I've ordered some other accessories online and am waiting for 'em to arrive before any individual "presentations" are made.

Oh, and my daughter still had a pretty awesome Christmas :)

100_1062_zps88e5a2a5.jpg

Awesome new three guns! You will have to do a good review on that Hi-point!
I can't find anything that isn't covered in a bunch of Mall Ninja jokes and bull crap from other people...

Congratz on the New Weaponry!
I will try and get that Photo up ASAP! It's 5ft tall bear :p

Thanks guys! Yeah, I was pretty happy. Most of my firearms I've purchased recently required a ton of research beforehand, dickering with the seller and often finding a FFL to close the deal. It was actually a lot of fun walking into the store and walking back out with some boxes for a change :)

I'm taking all 3 out to shoot tomorrow. It's like 10 degrees here at the moment, so unfortunately, we're going to the indoor range. I'm pretty excited to shoot the HP (I've never shot a pistol caliber except, well, in a pistol) :lol: My first impressions though are VERY positive. I bought the .45 caliber over the 9MM for two reasons...stopping power at the sacrifice of accuracy and the fact that it was the only one they had left lol. The carbine is well crafted in the sense you get the feeling it was "handmade" and assembled. It has a good, solid, rugged feel to it and the mechanics operate smoothly right out of the box. The only negative I have is that the railing isn't a standard picatinny. It's close...overall width is the same, but slot spacing is just slightly different. I didn't have any trouble mounting a reflex sight, but some leftover rail cover I had wouldn't fit.

I'll do some sort of range report on it tomorrow.

Thanks again!

It sound slike everyone had a good Christmas. Old Mossy getting a loved one home is great.

Ric - Let's see a pic of the bear with the gear on!

CliffD I would like to hear the thoughts on the carbine too. Have fun breaking them in today.

I fully expect the hi-point to be named on the upcoming ban list just because it looks evil.

wait and see if my crystal ball is wrong.

With that said, I really like handgun caliber carbines. The longer barrel gets more velocity than the shorter pistol length barrels. It's almost equivelant of getting +P velocities from regular over the counter loads, better accuracy at long range (75 or more yards) due to being able to hold it on target better, etc.

There's a lot of reasons to like true to the definition carbines.

Haha I just got back from a 13hr day at work, I will hit up the Bear Pic tomorrow :)

That Hi-point is probably already on the Ban list just called something different or falls under one of the larger categories that are really vague

I bought four more Check-Mate 9mm Match mags and another set of CPD bumper pads for my Spartan. Also bought a 350 round can of Blazer Brass 9mm target ammo...

You all got some nice gifts! Congrats :)

The High Point Carbine was actually listed by name on the proposed 2003 ban. They spelled it wrong though lol. To be honest, I wasn't sure what to expect from this odd gun, but I was over the top happy with how it performed. It was one of the most fun firearms I've shot in awhile too. I'll have a full report on it in the morning.

Do you find yours too be extremely heavy? I was eying one up many moons ago before I got my 500 and it was soo heavy, sort of deterred me. But now I know that all Hi-Points are bulky and awkward so my mind may be swayed in the future. I still would love to get my hands on a Sub 2000 from Keltec :)

No, it actually felt very light and "nimble". It shouldered quickly and on target. With the added reflex sight, target acquisition was no issue. I'm actually not a tactical style shooter, but I couldn't help but feel that in the right hands, this rifle could do some pretty awesome things.

I know that HP upgraded their design recently. I've read that the older design was heavy:

hipoint4095.jpg

Mine is the newer design:

hi-point-carbine%2Bnew.jpg

I'm actually pretty excited to post of photos of the rifle and target, plus write a full review :)

Back