• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What do you carry on a daily basis?

EAINC said:
yes pleas explain paper clip

Haven't you ever heard of McGuyver ?!... :lol: ( it's for disarming nuclear weapons, and 1000 other uses )

Glock 19 Gen. 4
2 spare clips: one with more hallow points and one with fmj
-note about the fmj: never know when you're gonna have to put a few threw cover
Gerber Bear Gryll survival series folder
LithIon flashlight capable of temp. blinding
Wallet, keys and phone (took the picture with my phone though)

daily_carry.jpg

In my gear bag I usually have my Blackhawk Serpa II paddle holster and Galco leather IWB holster. Few Blackhawk mag holders and a basic bail out/survival setup.

Thanks. I opted for the gen 4 due to the adjustable grip size since my wife shoots this when we go to the range as well. The only thing I don't like is the new style guide rod. No one has developed an internal laser to fit it yet (and prob won't due to it having two springs instead of one) so if I want a laser I have to wear a tactical holster. Not my idea of 'concealed carry'.

I just can't get past how they look. I may try one in the future to see if the function out weighs the looks for me.

Understood,

Not a fan of lasers myself. Have several friends that love their CTs and just thought I'd pass it along.

The only reason I think they have a use on my gun is for the just in case situation that my wife would need it under stress. It's a pain to have to realign it every time it gets attached. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Rossignol said:
I'm completely uninteresting.

Couple knives
Wallet I made
Cards
A little cash
Keys

I too am very boring ...

1) Gun - one of these:
**(a)** M&P9c with Crossbreed Supertuck IWB holster
**(b)** Kahr CW9 with Kholster Crescent IWB holster
**(c)** S&W .357 (2" barrel) with Galco Kingtuk IWB holster

2) Spare Magazine for whichever gun I'm carrying

3) Driver's license, 1 credit card and 1 debit card (no cash ... never have any on me because wife or kids take it) :cry:

4) Car keys

5) Cell phone

Some of my EDC stuff

edcpockets.jpg

fullride.jpg

vertenepack.jpg

100_2733.jpg

This one was just during football season a few years ago.

100_2549.jpg

100_2768.jpg

This is secured in the vehicle.

Re: Some of my EDC stuff

Well done M24 !!

Most of my BOB (Bug Out Bag) is similiar...complete Medical pouch, Multi-tool, fixed blade, folder blade, water purifier, purification tabs, fire starter, signal mirror, lenstatic compass, whistle, 1 box 45acp, one box 12 guage 00 buck, 3 boxes 5.56x45mm, kitchen sink...you get the idea.

"Expect the best, but prepare for the worst" are words I live by...

Thanks for posting...

holy macgyver edc kits!!!
awesome.

The tools get used a lot.
I don't have any pics of my boo boo kit that is one of the pockets of my Lark, and that actually gets used more than anything. Not by me, but all my officers know what I have on hand. They have used the hell out of the boo boo kit, especially when we're out of town on training.
My med bags beat the hell out of anything our department uses, and I've used those a few times as well.

With my carry permit the following

DM Bullard Dual carry holster with Springfield XD 40 Bi-tone 4" service model
Black hawk mag holder with two extra mags.

OR

DM Bullard Dual Carry Holster with Taurus PT1911 5"
Black Hawk mag holder with one chip mccormick power mag and one wilson combat 47D

On duty as Security guard

I carry a level two black hawk CQC one for the Springfield and one for the 1911 depending on which I want to carry on any given day. With black hawk mag holders and two extra mags.

tnxdshooter said:
On duty as Security guard

I carry a level two black hawk CQC one for the Springfield and one for the 1911 depending on which I want to carry on any given day. With black hawk mag holders and two extra mags.

I too use the Blackhawk SerpaII CQC for my Glock 19 when open carrying on duty. I am usually concealed on duty though as I find myself in accounts that don't want us worrying customers by openly carrying a weapon. I love the idea of the SuperTuck, but I actually modified my Galco IWB holster to work similar to that. If you cut down some of the leather that is holding the belt clip away it gives you plenty of room to tuck your shirt between the clip and the holster.

For spare mags, I usually have a 5.11 Tactical Holster Shirt on under my uniform so that's where they go (on cross draw side) with cuffs/zip cuffs on the draw side.

Back