• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What do you carry on a daily basis?

One thing I like about my TN Carry permit we can either carry concealed or open. I never carry open when not working. The other cool thing I like about it is that with the carry permit I can carry a shot gun and can have a shotgun with the mag tube fully loaded without one in the chamber and that is covered under my carry permit as well.

Sn3aKyGuY said:
tnxdshooter said:
On duty as Security guard

I carry a level two black hawk CQC one for the Springfield and one for the 1911 depending on which I want to carry on any given day. With black hawk mag holders and two extra mags.

I too use the Blackhawk SerpaII CQC for my Glock 19 when open carrying on duty. I am usually concealed on duty though as I find myself in accounts that don't want us worrying customers by openly carrying a weapon. I love the idea of the SuperTuck, but I actually modified my Galco IWB holster to work similar to that. If you cut down some of the leather that is holding the belt clip away it gives you plenty of room to tuck your shirt between the clip and the holster.

For spare mags, I usually have a 5.11 Tactical Holster Shirt on under my uniform so that's where they go (on cross draw side) with cuffs/zip cuffs on the draw side.

No offense but I wouldnt carry a 9mm if my life depended on it. My cousin is an undercover detective on the Nashville gang unit. They used to be issued 9mm but started issuing 40 cal and 357 sig after they were shooting dudes with 9mm hopped up on drugs and it wouldnt even phase em. He has seen to many 9mm rounds not stop someone and once emptied two whole magazines of nine through the back window of a car all rounds but two rounds striking the assailant and the assailant was still alive. My cousin actually ran out of ammo and had to pull his back up .38 out of his ankle holster to continue in the fight and the guy finally went down after taking a 357 sig round in the chest from another officer. I am sorry I just dont trust 9mm. I know I will probably get bashed for this but it is my opinion and I am entitled to it. I know the story sounds hard to believe but honest to God it is true the person was hopped up on meth. The reason they kept shooting is because the vehicle was still moving towards them and they were running backwards shooting. Why do you think John Browning developed the .45 acp specifically the 1911? Because the us service men were shooting mores (kind of like samoans) on their island that were hopped up on meth and .38 werent doing jack to em. Where as when they hit em with the "flying ashtray" (.45 acp) it would drop em like a bad habit.

You sure are entitled to your opinion, you wont get any 'bashing' for it here. The only thing I can say to that though is shot placement. Not saying your cousin or you are bad shots, but 95% of a gunfight is shot placement and core fundamentals, with 5% being luck that your weapon or ammo doesn't malfunction. If a 9mm can take down a deer (not something I recommend by the way, but it can and has been done) it can take down a man. I'll be switching to .357Sig with my next pistol, so I'm not saying you're wrong, but there is more to consider than caliber alone. That's why I train with dry runs at home and hit the range as much as I can.

No pics, but...

EDC on me:

Glock 26 in IWB holster, 11 Fiocchi HP's
Gerber pocket knife
Wallet w/ IDs, CC, cash
Cell phone
Keys

For work I carry my laptop in a National Guard promotional backpack my brother got for me. In that bag I also carry:

Surefire G2, spare cells
2-Cell Maglite
Multi-tool
First Aid kit
100mph Tape (Black)
Roll of electrical tape
Small screwdriver kit
TI-83 calculator
Pen/Pencil
Bic lighter
16oz Bottled Water
Spare Glock 26 mag w/ Fiocchi HP's
50 rds 9mm FMJ
10rds 12ga. 00 Buckshot
Small cig-lighter power inverter

...and the company laptop and charger.

I guess you could consider it a SHTF bag. It's an awesome pack and I have plenty of room/pockets left if I want to add more stuff. I'll probably add some gloves and thermal socks for the winter. Maybe a small tarp or plastic sheet too.

tnxdshooter said:
Sn3aKyGuY said:
tnxdshooter said:
On duty as Security guard

I carry a level two black hawk CQC one for the Springfield and one for the 1911 depending on which I want to carry on any given day. With black hawk mag holders and two extra mags.

I too use the Blackhawk SerpaII CQC for my Glock 19 when open carrying on duty. I am usually concealed on duty though as I find myself in accounts that don't want us worrying customers by openly carrying a weapon. I love the idea of the SuperTuck, but I actually modified my Galco IWB holster to work similar to that. If you cut down some of the leather that is holding the belt clip away it gives you plenty of room to tuck your shirt between the clip and the holster.

For spare mags, I usually have a 5.11 Tactical Holster Shirt on under my uniform so that's where they go (on cross draw side) with cuffs/zip cuffs on the draw side.

No offense but I wouldnt carry a 9mm if my life depended on it. My cousin is an undercover detective on the Nashville gang unit. They used to be issued 9mm but started issuing 40 cal and 357 sig after they were shooting dudes with 9mm hopped up on drugs and it wouldnt even phase em. He has seen to many 9mm rounds not stop someone and once emptied two whole magazines of nine through the back window of a car all rounds but two rounds striking the assailant and the assailant was still alive. My cousin actually ran out of ammo and had to pull his back up .38 out of his ankle holster to continue in the fight and the guy finally went down after taking a 357 sig round in the chest from another officer. I am sorry I just dont trust 9mm. I know I will probably get bashed for this but it is my opinion and I am entitled to it. I know the story sounds hard to believe but honest to God it is true the person was hopped up on meth. The reason they kept shooting is because the vehicle was still moving towards them and they were running backwards shooting. Why do you think John Browning developed the .45 acp specifically the 1911? Because the us service men were shooting mores (kind of like samoans) on their island that were hopped up on meth and .38 werent doing jack to em. Where as when they hit em with the "flying ashtray" (.45 acp) it would drop em like a bad habit.

I'm not going to bash you but I can tell you this for an absolute fact: 9mm head shots work; .45 ACP, 10 mm, .50 BMG shots to non-vital areas do not - at least not quickly. I've seen people missing entire appendages live for what I considered an inordinate amount of time.

What? A caliber debate? Wait.......

popcorn.gif

About the Caliber debate.....

The Gun you HAVE, can shoot and deploy when you need it is the best one.
If its left in your car or at home, it's no good.
If you can't hit anything with it or can't get to it it's no good.

My carry:
1911 Government with 230 gr FMJ in IWB or in a sling bag
Or a Glock 26 IWB Golden Saber
Emerson Karambit folder or ESEE Izula II or HEST Knife

iPhone, Wallet, Keys
If I have a bag....MultiTool, First Aid

BACK TO TOPIC PLEASE. :shock:

To those carrying an iPhone or Droid...

Do you have GPS apps downloaded? (not so much turn by turn, but coordinates)

I carry a purse, loaded with crap you guys won't care to hear about...lol. I also carry diapers and wipes, my new Mossberg knife I won, my keys, and my phone. I have a CHL but I rarely carry one, I often have my Walther .380 in the console of my car though. Pretty boring and totally "girly" I guess, but that's my daily stuff :)

I have the iPhone... I have gps, but not a special app for it.

It's easier to say what I don't carry than what I do carry. My truck is over weight. I am like Inspector Gadget.

Rolling bed with shell, outfitted with Pelican cases, tool boxes, and behind the seat (dual cab) neatly stacked and organized up to the window. Power inverter, uhf & vhf radios and cb. First aid, climbing gear, extra clothing, cold and wet gear, spare bakeries, tools, test equipment, repellents, compass, laptop, drinks and food enough for a week, my DROID, tobacco, Gps, etc.

If it is not under water, I can fix it, tune it or calibrate it.

I have been accused of having a rolling ware house.

My DROID is loaded with useful utilities to like my utility belts.

I'm the goto guy to get'r done.

I do have a few well equipped carry bags also.

Sent with my modified D2G running TapTalk.

Blackhawk 835 Ulti-Mag 12 gauge 10+1, quick point limbsaver and spec-ops recoil reducing stock with tri-rail, laser, light and bipod.

Not working:

Glock 29 10mm or/ Springfield TRP 1911
Safariland 6378 ALS Holster for G29, Blackhawk Serpa for 1911
Spare mag or two
Cell phone
Wallet
Keys including spare car key in another pocket

Working:

About thirty pounds of crap. Yes, there are four flashlights. Scorpion on belt,
OLight M30 in back-of-leg flashlight pocket, Pelican 8060 on belt ring, and
Streamlight Stylus in shirt pocket. Two guns, two knives, two cuffs, two of
just about everything down to pens and keys. Only one vest and pair of boots,
and Taser and Scorpion body cam, though.

dailycarry.jpg

I couldn't be a firefighter. When they roll their schidt weights a lot more than what I wear for 12-hours!!!

And I still think Michelle has the toughest job in the world, bar none!

Anyone who has to carry diapers has it rough. Cuz we all know what they're for.
Peeeeeyoooooooouuuueeee!!

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Holy mother!

It ain't really all that bad. Everything above my waist is like a coccoon, and the belt weight is girdled around me to spread the weight out. I could carry less but choose not to.

I would point out that soldiers and Marines have a load-out that is over 50% of their body weight, and even on patrol the gear can weigh over 35-lbs so guys like me think my daily carry now is nothin' compared to what we once toted.

I think Michelle leaves the house with 35-pounds of crap each and every single day. That's not counting the alive and moving baggage!

Ripjack... Yup, I am so sick of diapers!! Lol. Nitesite... The live baggage is definitely worse than the rest of the crap! 4 kids in Carseats really is awful, I'm normally breaking a sweat before I ever leave the driveway. I'm pretty sure your hefty load at work isn't easy though, I guess you can kind of say you know what it's like to be pregnant with carrying around all that weight, eh? ;)

I was snooping around Walmart while my fiance picked out wrapping paper, and I stumbled accross this SOG for $20...

SOG-Fasthawk-F06T-N-350x350.gif

So I added it to the bag.

Well, I carry a lot for just a normal guy. I always have a backpack with laptop, work crap and some basic gear: tac light, multi-tool, swiss army, extra clips, couple bottles of water and some first aid.
In addition to that, I keep a pretty solid bug out bag behind my truck seat. It has all the usual stuff you would expect: MRE, food bars, water, ammo, fixed blade knife (x2), light, 550 cord, couple biners, more first aid, gloves, CPR mask.
I also carry a well stocked trauma bag too (fluids and all). I used to be a firefighter and have had to be the good Samaritan on the roadside a few times.

Now for my pockets:
On my hip is my 1911 in a Fobus holster; in an SOB (generic leather) is my Hi-Point C9; left rear pocket is two spare .45 clips; left front pocket is 1 spare 9mm clip; right rear pocket is my well worn Kabar K2 folding Tanto and a Fossil money-clip wallet; right front is an assortment of guitar picks (the truly critical stuff).

383206_2474821902793_1019817233_2736368_1890310659_n.jpg

Back