• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What do you carry on a daily basis?

nitesite said:
Pointblank said:
Being a retired cop at 63 and living in the Cleveland area, my bare minimum for daily carry is a Glock 26, at least one spare mag, pepper spray, a small flashlight and a small knife with a dual edge.
DisplayPic.aspx

An absolutely SUPERB choice in selecting a daily carry sidearm. The G26 rocks.

x2. I love my Gen3 26!

Yeppers, JJC!

And don't forget to go over and cast your vote in the March Photo Contest!

viewtopic.php?f=103&t=3671

The winner, one of our very own members, is counting on your vote so he can win a $50 Brownells Gift Certificate!

This is my usual EDC when I am home. Sig P250C .45acp loaded with Federal HST 230 gr. +P, spare mag loaded with the same. Older Surefire 6P and a Spyderco Police Model folder. Carried in a Sig paddle holster and a Fobus mag/flashlight paddle rig in cooler weather and an uncle Mike's IWB in warmer weather. I also carry a Streamlight TLR-3, usually in a pocket or in my fanny pack with my BUG.
DSC00938.jpg

This is my BUG, usually close by in not actually on me. S&W 042 Airweight Centennial .38 Spc. loaded with 110 gr. Hornady Critical Defense and 4 speedloaders in a small fanny pack and Blackhawk pocket holster.
DSC00942.jpg

This summer I plan to rotate my P250SC 9mm in as my EDC as it will be easier to conceal.
SigP250SC9mmwithXgrip15rdmag.jpg

I also carry a small pocket knife, small key ring, Leatherman Core multitool, and a Blackberry 9650 cell phone and a wallet.

tcecil88 said:
This is my usual EDC when I am home. Sig P250C .45acp loaded with Federal HST 230 gr. +P, spare mag loaded with the same. Older Surefire 6P and a Spyderco Police Model folder. Carried in a Sig paddle holster and a Fobus mag/flashlight paddle rig in cooler weather and an uncle Mike's IWB in warmer weather. I also carry a Streamlight TLR-3, usually in a pocket or in my fanny pack with my BUG.
DSC00938.jpg

Nice Pistol. For real. Good photo, too!.

This is my BUG, usually close by in not actually on me. S&W 042 Airweight Centennial .38 Spc. loaded with 110 gr. Hornady Critical Defense and 4 speedloaders in a small fanny pack and Blackhawk pocket holster.
DSC00942.jpg

Looks very much like my 442 which I can shoot as well as a 4-inch revolver.

442-with-SWC-handloads-web.jpg

Thanks, nitesite. I have all 3 sizes of the P250 and the compact is the one I carry most often.
BTW, I did some research on the 042 and found this webpage.
http://www.thegunzone.com/sw042.html It's a pretty good read.
I had a Mod. 442 several years ago and loved it. I found my Mod. 042 at the local LGS back in January while I was home and snapped it up. Mine does not have Mod. 642 over stamped, just a straight Mod. 042 on the crane. I read somewhere that there was only a little over 4,000 made.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Man, I love that shot of the 442!

Thank You.

I tried to get a different perspective instead of a 2-dimensional flat look. And I am actually pleased with how the overall monochromatic look turned out with the hints of copper being the only color.

Well it turned out great Sir,

Reminds me of a similar shot I took of my PC 629 on a white-out background...

The Hornady LeverRevolutions look like little missiles ready to launch...

Why THANK YOU Sir!

It's one of my favorites. When I take it to the range, folks in the next lane always move further away from me after the first few shots. Not sure if it's the thump in their chest or the three foot flame shoot'n out the business end... :lol:

LES I like it i have big hands and it seems to help - it also helps with the control and recoil. I have 3 mags 2 have it and 1 does not. you can feel the difference without it.

Joe, nice G26.

The M&P is nice. You won't be disappointed if you decide to switch. I carried the 40c for a while and wish I had hung on to it now that it's gone.

If you do pick one up I can give you the name of a guy here in MI that does some awesome work on M&P triggers and slides.

Thanks Mike, it’s a tough choice? I guess I could save my pennies and keep the Glock and buy the M&P. My little bro is a LEO (detective) and caries the M&P in 40 as his duty weapon and loves it.

20120526_002317.jpg

Glock 19 in a CrossBreed Super Tuck w/ spare mag, Gerber Suspension multi-tool, Gerber Fast Draw - Serrated, 5.11 ATAC L1 flashlight, Mini MagLight LED, spare cell and flashlight batteries (need to restock the ATAC batteries), bluetooth headset, wallet and keys. Carry my phone as well, but took the picture with it. Have a small med kit, but that usually stays in my bag which goes every where with me.

Back