• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What do you think: Harbor Freight Spotting Scope?

I haven't used one personally but with optics you generally get what you pay for with some exceptions. What are you planning on using it for?

DHonovich said:
I haven't used one personally but with optics you generally get what you pay for with some exceptions. What are you planning on using it for?

I agree... :oops: BUT I'm only planning on using it to sight in a 50+ year-old Weaver J4 scope on my 95-year-old M1917 30-06. I don't know if it would be much use patterning a shotgun! :lol:

PS: I'll be sure to take it out of the package and check it out before I leave the store... HF has the old "objects may appear larger (in the picture) than they actually are!" :roll:

Hope you get a good one because my mom bought one for my dad and it straight up sucked in every way, only tried one though so don’t know if you might be able to pick a good one if you could look through a bunch. She then bought him the one from Costco for 80 and it sucked too.

oli700 said:
Hope you get a good one because my mom bought one for my dad and it straight up sucked in every way, only tried one though so don’t know if you might be able to pick a good one if you could look through a bunch. She then bought him the one from Costco for 80 and it sucked too.

The one rating on this item at the website was a "poor" rating relating to focus... :( I won't be making a special trip for it but I am still curious...

Like the man said..."ya get what you paid for"

I invested in a Winchester Spotting Scope over 10 years ago...serves it's purpose

WinchesterSpottingScope.jpg

The Winchester® WT-6 spotting scope kit features a zoom spotting scope, a soft bag, a tabletop tripod, and a lockable metal storage case. The scope is crafted with a rubber-armored, aluminum body and a fully-coated optical system to reduce internal glare, high contrast, and bright images.

SPECS:

Spotting Scope Model Number: WT-631
15 ~ 45 x 60 mm
Aluminum body with rubber armor cover
Field of View (12x): 152 ft at 1000 yds
Field of View (50x): 52 ft at 1000 yds
Weight: 2.67 lbs
Soft-sided carrying bag

Tabletop Tripod
3-way panhead with quick shoe
20-mm aluminum leg
Folded Length: 12 1/4 in
Maximum Height: 15 1/4 in
Weight: 1.5 lbs

Hard-Sided Carrying Case
Heavy-duty body panels
No-mar rubber feet
Removable and adjustable shoulder strap
Lockable latches
Weight: 6.19 lbs

==============================================================

I paid $80 back then ( receipt is still in the case )...see them going for $150 now at Dick's...

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/produ ... Id=2551301

===============================================================

Bobster said:
oli700 said:

The one rating on this item at the website was a "poor" rating relating to focus... :( I won't be making a special trip for it but I am still curious...

That was the very poblem my dad had, I thought it was just him, but I fiddled with it for a half hour and couldnt get if clear for anything

Back