• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What eye protection do you use for competition shooting?

DHonovich

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Sponsor
"Philanthropist"
What eye protection do you use for competition shooting?

maxsig_kit_-1.jpeg

Max Michel Signature Series Sawfly
Typically reserved for Max himself, Signature Series eyepro kits from the champion shooter’s private stock are available for your purchase. The Max Michel Signature Series Sawfly Eyewear Kit features a custom high-contrast Mocha lens and is the exact kit that Max brings with him on competition day. All 4 performance-enhancing lenses are laser etched with Max’s signature “MM” logo.
http://www.revisioneyewear.com/store/ma ... ichel.html

I am thinking about picking up this set.

I use these;

Nemisis Safety Glasses;

These are the amber lens, (high contrast) and are excellent.
Allsafe-Nemesis-Safety-Glasses-LSS-_i_2UYF5_AS01.jpg

I also use the tinted polarized lens, again, excellent.
400.jpg

The Nemisis glasses are by far my favorite for shooting!

Revision Military Max Michael Signature Series Sawfly
p514397529-4.jpg

p119168828-4.jpg

p203074089-4.jpg

p189359728-4.jpg

p1028697770-4.jpg

p729077357-4.jpg

p625254600-4.jpg

These are hands down one of the nicest sets of shooting glasses on the market!

HA...Great minds think alike Doc...may I recommend this site ( the owner is a disabled vet )

SAWFLY Essential Kit .......$80....... http://bottomline2000.com/sawflyessentialkit.aspx

SAWFLYEYEWEAR.jpg

SPECS.... :cool:

•High-impact protection certified to ANSI Z87.1 and Military Requirements
(MIL-V-43511C clause 3.5.10 and MIL-PRF-31013 clause 3.5.1.1).

•Optically correct curved lens for unrestricted field-of-view.

•Interchangeable lenses for various light conditions and specialty lenses available.

•Polycarbonate lenses offer 100% protection from UV-A, UV-B and UV-C rays.

•Two sizes with adjustable arms ensure perfect fit.

•Optional Prescription (Rx) Carrier available.

U.S. Army Authorized Protective Eyewear List.

http://www.revisioneyewear.com/download ... _Sheet.pdf

=============================================================

...and BTW Doc....Nice Pics !!

=============================================================

:) You can certainly recommend them especially if he is a retired vet! I haven't gotten to use all the lenses yet but look forward to picking up the clay pigeons a bit quicker now.

http://www.gundogsonline.com/Proshop/St ... Colors.asp

Today's shooting glasses come in many different lens colors from clear to vermillion. Below is a guide for choosing lens colors for different sky conditions, target colors and backgrounds.

Recommended Lenses for Shooting Glasses - Low Light Conditions

Clear - Best for poor lighting and shooting indoors when no contrast is needed. Also, an excellent safety lens when hand loading.

Pale Yellow - The lens has a brightening effect in low light conditions, dusk or dawn. A very light color tint allows this lens to be used indoors, outdoors, in flat light or at night.

Yellow - Great lens choice for overcast foggy days or late afternoon. Good lens for rifle or pistol shooting with black and white targets. Can be used while shooting at an indoor range.

Medium Yellow - Maximum enhancement of orange clay targets in low light conditions.

Recommended Lenses for Shooting Glasses - Average Light Conditions

Sunset Orange - Ideal for bright, hazy conditions. Slightly darker than orange, helps absorb scattered blue light and provides contrast. Also, enhances visual acuity.

Orange - Excellent all around lens for orange clay targets. Enhances the orange of any target on dull cloudy days, and at dusk or dawn.

Vermillion - Traditional choice for shooting against green backgrounds. Highlights conditions where there is a poor background. Highlights orange and dampens green. Good lens for those who see orange targets poorly.

Light Purple - This lens provides excellent contrast of orange targets against green backgrounds or against the sky. Combines grey and vermillion. It dampens the green and enhances the orange target against trees.

Recommended Lenses for Shooting Glasses - Intense Light Conditions

Deep Purple - Darker than Purple- this lens is a good choice for very bright sunlight and provides great contrast of orange targets against a deep blue sky. An excellent lens for glare reduction.

Brown - This lens reduces brightness and gives good definition of orange targets. A good all around lens for shooting orange targets on bright glaring days with open background.

Bronze - Offers high contrast for bright, glaring days with open background. Good choice for hunting in snow conditions.

Grey - Reduces light and transmits all colors at the same level. Does not enhance orange targets. Use in bright sunlight. Popular choice for rifle or pistol shooters.

I figured that might help some deciding what color lenses to purchase.

These are great but I have ask... any good looking ones for people like me that use eye glasses? So far I only find the regular standard ones and of course i look so fashionable with them... lol :geek:

The only other option is prescription ones.

RX_onBlack_478x256.jpg

RxCarrier-Header.gif

Ingeniously designed interchangeable prescription insert fits all Sawfly models and Desert Locust and Bullet Ant goggles to provide vision correction while ensuring high-impact ocular protection.

Rugged Carrier frame built for strength and durability.
Interchangeable one-size carrier fits all Sawfly models and Desert Locust and Bullet Ant goggles.
Rx design provides wide, unobstructed field-of-view for optimal performance.
Prescription ready Rx Carrier can be easily outfitted with prescription lenses by any licensed optician.
Carrier accommodates prescriptions up to +/-11.
Secure press-fit clip keeps Rx in place when you're on the move.
Revision Eyewear offers Rx fulfillment services for single vision correction. Click here for more.
U.S. Military personnel should check with their Optometry Department for Rx fulfillment services.

I've never used anything but my prescription poly-carbonate glasses BUT have considered doing more. I am not anxious to buy script sports specs as I am really sensitive to changing between even the best prescription glasses.

Does anyone know of inserts or quality wrap arounds that will work WITH prescription glasses?? i like the ESS Ice and others but I would literally have to wear them for a day before an event to adjust to them.

My daily Oakleys are similar to these:
4b44d168ab48d.jpg

Wiley X glasses that have my progressive perscription, anti scratch, anti glare and transition to dark grey and a second pair that transition to dark brown. Wiley X glasses also comes with a removable foam insert to keep dust and dirt out of my eyes out here in the desert.

Back