• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What hydration system?

I currently use a Camelbak 100 oz reservoir in a Sandpiper Of California back pack.

41UNHHecVJL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I've been lookin into alot of these recently. May do a backpack someday, or vest...

CountyComm Hydrant

CountyComm, if you're not familiar with them, carries a variety of cool gizmos and gadgets. One of the nifty-looking items on their website is the Maratac Hydrant. Unfortunately, the Hydrant had been unavailable for some time. Well, it came back in stock so I ordered one. My Hydrant arrived today. Overall, my initial impression is positive. The zippers aren't quite as robust as I'd hoped for but everything else is pretty much what I expected.

Overview

IMG_6524.jpg

It does have YKK zippers and they slide smoothly - well, as smoothly as possible. I have yet to purchase one of these tube-shaped carriers where the zipper slides really smoothly around the top. Zippers, it seems, were intended to go in straight lines and not around corners.

IMG_6526.jpg

IMG_6525.jpg

As far as capacity goes, the Hydrant will hold two one-liter water bottles. The top one will extend past the insulation slightly as shown below. However, the top will zip closed over two bottles.

IMG_6523.jpg

IMG_6527.jpg

IMG_6524.jpg

The Hydrant has a pocket on the front that zips open smoothly. Inside the pocket are two rows of PALS/MOLLE webbing and one row of elastic webbing.

IMG_6529.jpg

On the back of the Hydrant are two long straps that could be woven into PALS/MOLLE webbing on a pack.

IMG_6530.jpg

The carry strap is nice and wide. The hooks seem to be of excellent quality.

IMG_6528.jpg

Re: CountyComm Hydrant

I think he's referring to the duct tape on my water bottle. That's one of the ways I carry duct tape. I think I started a post in this section of the forum discussing this and a few other methods.

ahh. This is where I keep mine , then I stuff it in my Camelback... :p
macGyver_box_repair.jpg

Cool water bottle/holder you got there though

That looks pretty neat, I haven't seen one of those before.

Yea I was talking about the duct tape. I saw the thread about inventive ways to carry tape around, very neat ideas. Also, nice new find for ya Mud.

Good review and pics Mud...Thanks for posting !!

Here's one of my many backpacks...never took any pictures of them, so this is the stock photo from Sportmans Guide, where I purchased them from. ( I have one in every color...for the wife, daughter, and me ). Also have a CamelBak Hawg hydration system with bite tube... that is MOLLE capable. Various other packs have important documents like passport and copies of drivers licenses for my wife, daughter, and myself, Deed to the house, copies of insurance papers, utility bills for proof of residence, etc ...which is right next to the bug-out bag with 2 way radios, flashlights, GPS, spare cell phone, etc... which is next to the pre-loaded AK/AR magazine bag...which is next to my family Gas Mask bag...which is next to my tactical vest...which is next to my ballistic vest...which is next to... ;)

HydroAssaultPack.jpg

CamelBakHawg1000z-1.jpg

CZECHGASMASK.jpg

Camelbak HAWG Hydration Backpack carries over 1280 cu. in.(20.9L) of gear and water comfortably on an Independent Suspension Harness. When the mission is extended, add a second OMEGA Reservoir to the Camelback HAWK Water Pack for another 100 ounces (3.0 L) of clean water. The Camelback H.A.W.G. Water Backpack can also work with the Camelbak Chem-Bio Reservoir (4.0) which attaches easily to Type M or Type A Gas Mask Adapters. This hydration pack lets you organize small gear, such as hand-held radio, tools, or MREs in a secure lower pocket.

years with Camelback for me. Currently have the Mule.....I use these for work and drink out of one almost everyday in the summer. I have seen lots of brands come and go at work but the Camelbacks always keep ticking.

ozarka.gif

mostly. Ive had a couple generic camelbak type hydration packs, but they are a bit of a pain unless you use them regularly.

Fronty Owner said:
ozarka.gif

mostly. Ive had a couple generic camelbak type hydration packs, but they are a bit of a pain unless you use them regularly.

That works! :D For me personally, I believe its easier to carry what you can wear. I have to carry water for a dog or two also. Water bottles in my pockets and vest take up space and are cumbersome. A small collapsable canteen that is carried on a belt or a single water bottle would work well too for me as I can refill it from the CamelBak 100 oz bladder. (huh huh, I said "bladder"!!!)

Rossignol said:
Fronty Owner said:
ozarka.gif

That works! :D For me personally, I believe its easier to carry what you can wear. I have to carry water for a dog or two also. Water bottles in my pockets and vest take up space and are cumbersome. A small collapsable canteen that is carried on a belt or a single water bottle would work well too for me as I can refill it from the CamelBak 100 oz bladder. (huh huh, I said "bladder"!!!)
anymore, Im not far enough away from my truck to need to carry more than a bottle of water.

Here are some pics of my CamelBak Linchpin! Getting ready to begin a review too with lots more pics!!! 100 oz WaterBeast and 3 drink tube ports.

100_5847Small.jpg

100_5854Small.jpg

Back