• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What is in my barrel? Help?!

After 4 hrs, 2 drill batteries, and almost an entire bottle of hoppies #9. I am pleased to say that the Teflon/lead fouling is completely out my my 3 shotguns.

I WILL NEVER AGAIN USE REMOIL. And I will post a video one day of my 930 throwing a slug thru the can asap! So stay tuned.

Sad thing is, my pistols were all lubed with REMOIL as well. So I will be hard at it tomorrow again.
Lookin' forward to the vid!!!

I read thru this post and realized that I "used" to use RemOil in my barrels after cleaning. I always wondered why there was some crud left. Now I know. I had about 40 rounds thru my 930. I went and picked up a fresh brush and a battery operated drill.

hy7urave.jpg

That on the bench is only half of what I got out of my barrel. All nice and clean now.

No more RemOil in the barrel or anywhere near any gas ports.

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read thru this post and realized that I "used" to use RemOil in my barrels after cleaning. I always wondered why there was some crud left. Now I know. I had about 40 rounds thru my 930. I went and picked up a fresh brush and a battery operated drill.

hy7urave.jpg

That on the bench is only half of what I got out of my barrel. All nice and clean now.

No more RemOil in the barrel or anywhere near any gas ports.

Steve

Yeah no more remoil ever, for this guy!

What a way to pens the first nice day in northern IL. Nearly 60 degrees, day off and got a 100 rounds thru my 930 without a problem. Slugs and 00 buck. All I had was Winchester but I think other brands will do well. Polishing the mag tube and reseating the gas spring seal seamed to do the trick. Really like the way it shoots.

Thanks for the help here.

Steve

Back