• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What is this on my trail camera?

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
OK, I have a photo that was taken a few years ago that I still haven't been able to explain and I'm curious if anyone here may have a possible answer?

First off, that camera flash always went off, but apparently, the light from whatever this was, was so bright that the sensor didn't think the flash needed to go off.

And there are no lights or outside light sources up there, so it's so dark up there at night that you can't usually see your hand in front of your face. So, something was putting off enough light that while the photo exposure is dark, there was still enough light to see what is going on.

Secondly, the deer is also looking at whatever it is.

And it seems to be moving.

It's not a lightning bug/firefly. Too early in the year for them when the photo was took. And that's not how lightning bugs are anyway.

If you have a logical explanation, I'd like to hear what you think it is because I'm at a total loss.

unknown trail cam.jpg

Can you post a daylight picture from the same camera so I can see what should be there normally?

tapatalk_1499884910304_02.jpg

Looks like maybe another deer or something there as well

Cool, I had never tried that before. Does look like another deer in the background.

Here's another photo from the same camera location.

Day (the other trail camera is at the back corner of the cabin where the other doe is in the background. Look closely and you'll see it in the upper left corner of the photo)
IGASl1I.jpg

night, obviously the same location but was a different camera.

b0VKyLT.jpg

It really looks to me lkke the reflection of a eye. As to what light it is replecting I'm not sure. Maybe a odd missfire of the flash, the moon caught just right.

Of it could just be an unexplained orb. I don't necessarily buy into a lot of supernatural stuff but there is still a lot of things that occur , natural or not, that we just cant explain based on what we think we know about the world.

I get the same thing as mike when I enhance it...

20170713_145836.jpg

I guess it was some weird reflection I guess.

Still weird, but thanks !

My guess:
Flare from a tiny droplet of water on surface of lens.

I've spent way to much time staring at this. Note to self: Never look at this thread again.

It's easy to think like that but are we sure that the chupacabra is at the top of its food chain? Do you realise that if the chupacabra is out there then there's probably something else out there nasty enough to eat a chupacabra?

HA HA HA.

I have a photo of my neighbors car with muddy paw tracks on over the doors, windows, and walked up the hood of the car.

The cars motor was bad and it had sat there for at least 2 years in the same spot. Inside of his metal enclosed carport mind you.

Don't think it was after food.

Just a destructive teenage bear.

Back