• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What kind of ears are you running ?

Some guys run plugs under the muffs....i may try that too...my club has shoot houses with tin roofs that intensify the sound almost as bad as an indoor range

e625a6bfbb99adc82dcb15d06fe59fac.jpg

They just came in....free case too....gonna see if all the hype is true tommorrow at the range

wow that case is sweet, hope they last. I have never went over the $50 mark on electronic muffs.......but that's probably why they don't last.

I actually have a set of 15 dollar electronics that still work but they are so damn fat I cant get a good cheek rest without pushing them off my ear.......I have another more expensive set that still turn on but don't cancel out during the shot anymore.....so it just amplifies the shot lol, not cool

I was kinda skeptical of the plugs I am using, didn't really see how they could work but the do and when they are in I can still mostly hear everything

I have a set of Howard Leight Leightning L3's they are pretty good, but bulky. NRR is 30. I'm looking for something smaller lighter with a good NRR, I'm probably gonna have to go to plugs.

Surefire EP7's. Used to run electronic muffs, but they got in the way when shooting rifle and shotgun. I like the EP7's because I can still hear nornal conversation, but it cuts the loud stuff out. I tried the EP4's and EP5's, but the EP7's were the only ones that worked with my AR since I have such a loud compensator on it.

I use a pair of electronic muffs most of the time. They turn themselves off if left on - which I frequently do. I have a little trouble with my glasses when I wear them. They work pretty good otherwise.

I also have some of the rubber plugs on a string.

I picked up some regular plugs also to run with my pro ears for matches....I shot a long range prone match last sunday and the barrage of gunshots can get to you....

I use disposable foam (I bought a whole box probably 10 years ago and I still have about 20 pairs left), rubber plugs on a string and I also have a cheap pair of muffs but I can't remember the brands on any of them.

I also use these whenever possible. I enjoy them more too.

widowmaker010-1.jpg

widowmakerinstalled006-2.jpg

jamistuber1.jpg

I run the Howard Leight Impact Sport and/or Radians custom fit ear plugs depending on the situation.

I use the Winchester ear muffs that they have at Walmart. I also wear a pair of foam rubber ear plugs under the muff. Both have a rating of 24-26 so when I double up even better.

I have Howard lights in 2 forms, the ear muff kind, they work great, but mostly. Use the soft ear plug kind hickok45 uses. They work great, are comfortable and are around 12 bucks.

Radians Competitor (26 NRR) along with the Radians foam plugs. The muffs are on the big side, but so far they haven't gotten in my way.

Back