• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What Pistol Do You Carry?

Re: What Do You Carry?

insaneranger said:
I just got my HCP so I don't carry much yet, but have been practicing using different holsters with these two to see whats best for me. My SR9 has a 17 round capacity, but my Cougar .45 makes a larger hole. (I pray everyday that I never need them, though.)

005.jpg

005-3.jpg

002-2.jpg

how or who did your paint on your frame ???

mister_e said:
m46.jpg

but my pants kept falling down

something had to stay home, and darn it...I really miss my butterfly :lol:

AR was my son's first attempt at home built, but is still in the family and will shoot with my LaRue OBR.

(note: 'balisong' butterfly knife was custom made for me, deer antler handles, blade was made from leaf spring steel, and is sharp and strong enough to cut a dime in HALF!)

I have never seen a butterfly knife like that or even close....cool

RippSpeed said:
insaneranger said:
I just got my HCP so I don't carry much yet, but have been practicing using different holsters with these two to see whats best for me. My SR9 has a 17 round capacity, but my Cougar .45 makes a larger hole. (I pray everyday that I never need them, though.)

http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab255/garyl_t/005.jpg[img]
[img]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab255/garyl_t/005-3.jpg[img]
[img]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab255/garyl_t/002-2.jpg[img][/quote]

how or who did your paint on your frame ???[/quote]

That looks like the factory OD Green frame from Ruger.

RippSpeed said:
how or who did your paint on your frame ???
[/quote]

I'm assuming your asking about the SR9. It's not paint or a coating. The SR9 was offered in either a black frame or olive drab. Since it's a polymer frame, it's molded in that color.

Very nice!

The G19 was my first handgun and will always be one of my favorites.

akgunnut said:

Akgunnut - tell me more about the Crossbreed Supertuck. It's on my short list (along with a Comp-Tac) on IWB holsters for my M&P 9 and 9c.

What do you like and dislike about the holster? Where do you live? I ask because I live in Phoenix (extremely hot) and I'm concerned about the BIG piece of leather and how it might make me sweat alot.

Thanks

I find the Crossbreed is more comfortable than the Comp Tac MTAC holster and I have owned both. Leather does tend to retain moisture which could be a problem if you are active and sweat alot. I live in Alaska where it's cold for a good portion of the year. I still sweat during the warmer summer months but I just wipe down the slide on my G19 with a silicone cloth even though it's extremely rust resistant. The Crossbreed due to its wider profile distributes the weight of the gun better than the MTAC. I never thought I would ever find an IWB holster that I like until I tried the Supertuck.

+1 for the Crossbreed. I use one for my 1911. Does a great job of carrying the weight. I sold the Comp Tac after trying the Crossbreed at a LGS.

Another one that looks promising - the Galco King Tuk. ;)

Thanks!!

My birthday is coming up and I just may have to surprise myself with the Supertuck. ;)

I'm partial to the Bianchi Carrylok myself...

It's not an IWB, but is incredibly low-profile and super easy to conceal under as little as a t-shirt. It rides tight to the hip with no cant or movement at all. I especially like the active retention.

I carry 1 of the following: S&W 642-2 w/Crimson Trace grips, XD40sc or XD9 4". Just obtained a couple of DeSantis IWB holsters for them and trying them out. (can't upload pics right now filrs seem to be to big, wrking on it though)

In the city of Las Vegas i carry a Glock 21 in my itac paddle holster. I like knowing i have a trusty pocket cannon by my side.

Nice EAINC !!

Hard to beat... the best caliber being launched from the best platform !! ;)

I carry these...how about you ?

HCD185FTX.jpg

DSCF1559.jpg
i carry these has a nice feel. Heard about the pow r ball ammo any thoughts?

Back