• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What to stock up on?

Ubuu

Copper BB
I'm basicly lookin for "inexpensive" 12guage ammo.

So far I've only bought

15 rounds of Remington Managed Recoil Buckshot
5 rounds of Remington 1oz Magnum Rifled Slug
100 rounds of Winchester "Universal" rounds

I'd love more of the buckshot and rifled slugs but thier expensive for my budget. I'd just like to be ready for "anything". Anything from shooting zombies to hunting game for survival purposes.

I had serious problems with the winchester universal rounds. If you do a forum search (or even wide internet search) I'm certain that you'll find more of the same.

Lately, I have been buying the Federal bulk pack in 7-1/2 shot, which is more suitable for hunting small fur bearers and birds

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Federal-Ammun ... t/17757345

As for buying bulk ammo on a budget that will do everything, I don't know of any that are suitable for "everything".

That's why you would have to purchase multiple types of ammo for that gun.

It's at least better and cheaper than trying to purchase a bunch of ammo for a bunch of different calibers the way a lot of people are doing.

If I could just have 1 gun, a shotgun is hard to beat. But as I mentioned, stocking a lot of different ammo is daunting at first.

It may be out of your budget, but if you are serious about wanting to get some ammo on hand, buying it by the case is less expensive in the long run when you find a decent price for it.

There are several places and businesses that will sell shotgun ammo by the case.

As for zombies, can't help you there. Maybe this is the kind of gun you're looking for.

nintendo-zapper.jpg

Buy RemFedChester #7.5 or #8 basic shotshells at Walmart. Shoot the hell out of them inside of 15-yards. If you get really good with the scenarios you are picturing in your mind you will be terrific with a decent slug. Buckshot is maybe OK but load low-recoil slugs and it'll be good.

'Course, you have to hit a 5" circle with a slug at 30-yards which is pretty accomplishable.

Back