• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What Would You Do?

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
What would you do if the electoral college voted next week and gave us Hillary as president? Many states legally require the voters to follow the popular vote winner of that state while other states have no such requirement. Most of this scenario has never been argued in the courts.

Some lefties have called for the electoral college to "correct" the election results. I don't see that happening but was curious how you would respond. I think we would see protests, riots and civil disobedience that would put the never Trump protests to shame.

I do not suspect that will be the case.

I foresee many of the answers will be seen as inflammatory and may could come back to haunt later and give new meaning to "constitutional crisis", so this topic will probably be closely moderated.

In thinking about your question, I look back on the time that I got to spend with Mr. Smith. He was my fourth grade teacher who took great pride in teaching truth and real history and I am reminded of this:

"If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government, and which against the usurpations of the national rulers, may be exerted with infinitely better prospect of success than against those of the rulers of an individual state. In a single state, if the persons intrusted with supreme power become usurpers, the different parcels, subdivisions, or districts of which it consists, having no distinct government in each, can take no regular measures for defense. The citizens must rush tumultuously to arms, without concert, without system, without resource; except in their courage and despair."
- Alexander Hamilton, Federalist No. 28

I foresee many of the answers will be seen as inflammatory and may could come back to haunt later and give new meaning to "constitutional crisis", so this topic will probably be closely moderated.
Great point John.

WASHINGTON U.S. President Barack Obama will hold a press conference at the White House on Friday at 2:15 p.m. ET

This is sorta funny.On one hand the libs are calling to abolish the electoral college, and on the other they want to use it and to subvert it to their ways.

They will not have their cake and eat it too.

The House will prevent the Apotheosis of Hillary.

Regardless, my alarm will still go off at 5, I'll get to work at 6, put in my day, come home, feed the animals, feed the family, and sleep soundly in my bed, in my house. Nothing will change

A lot of people would say that they would start a civil war. But in reality, their would be lawsuits as soon as the vote was over, and the vote would be overturned in a heartbeat. People also don't realize who the electoral college is made up of. It's not just some Joe Blow off the streets. They are all party insiders. No way in hell the vote will go any different than the way the American people voted. She needs 37 to flip, That would be like getting 37 Republican Senators to vote for Hillary vs. Trump. Not gonna happen.

It is probably even worse in reality. A couple electors are comitted to switch to Trump.

I suppose that means at least 39 wonks will have to comit political suicide & betray the party.

Very unlikely.

The public is very forgetful it but I think "the party" has a very convenient memory.

A lot of people would say that they would start a civil war. But in reality, their would be lawsuits as soon as the vote was over, and the vote would be overturned in a heartbeat.

I agree with this. It would not devolve right away to civil disobedience. People would wait to hear what the courts had to say. Unfortunately, most of those on the federal courts do not take their oath to defend the Constitution to seriously.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll post a buch of inflamatory memes and then go to work.

Having the Electoral College vote against the outcome of the election and the resulting chaos is all King Obama needs to declare a national state of emergency, abolish the Constitution and declare himself Emperor. Or so sayith my inner conspiracy theorist...

I too keep thinking there may yet be a "crisis" that could prevent the transfer of the administration. Probably not but I wonder sometimes.

I watched a little of fox Sunday news. I can't believe one of the questions being asked at this point is if trump actively collaborated with the Russians on the email hacks. Yet the content of the emails was never actively denied.

I saw a meme that said was something like a woman finding out that her husband was cheating on her and then someone said to the woman that the information came from the Russians and asked if she was trying to help the Russians to which she said no and the issue was dropped.

There's also been no new info to suggest Russian interference since September. Then all of a sudden the administration claims a consensus among the intelligence community of Russian involvement. That simply isn't true.

On the topic of active collaboration with the Russians, did anyone get this upset when Obama asked Putin to give him some time and to wait till after the 2012 election and then he'd have more flexibility? What about Hillary giving the Russians 1/5th of the US uranium?

Back