• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What's made where?

I have read different conflicting stories about the Maverick's country of manufacture. Some say the barrels are Mexican made, others say the receivers are. I own a Maverick in 20 ga. and love it. I'm just looking for the correct info. on this out of curiosity.

Neanderthal said:
... I own a Maverick in 20 ga. and love it....
then does it really matter?
I realize the desire to buy American to keep Americans employed, but that isn't always possible.
Last I heard, components were machined in MX, assembled in TX.

I want to know which parts of the Maverick 88 are made outside the United States, and which ones are compatible to the Mossberg 500.
People say that is not recommended to load cartridges with more than 36 gr, because it can damage the barrel. I also read that you should only use 2 3/4 cartridges, because the 3 ones can also damage the barrel. They say this because some parts are made in Mexico and not in the USA, so I want to know which parts of the Shotgun are made outside.

Same answer as in your other post,,,,,,you can shoot any 2 3/4" or 3" shell in your Mav 88 or Mossberg 500 as long as they are the proper gauge.

I understand the Mav88 barrels are now made in Mexico. As far as other parts I don't know.

Hope this helps you.

Same answer as in your other post,,,,,,you can shoot any 2 3/4" or 3" shell in your Mav 88 or Mossberg 500 as long as they are the proper gauge.

I understand the Mav88 barrels are now made in Mexico. As far as other parts I don't know.

Hope this helps you.

So the barrel is also made at Mexico? Because I see that everyone says that is assembled in Texas, but some parts are made in Mexico, but they dont say which parts. Now I know that the barrel is made at Mexico. Thank you very much!!

For what it's worth you can stand with one foot in Eagle Pass, TX and the other in Mexico...

Back