• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What's your beverage of choice?

How is it? Never thought I'd buy into the fruity crafts, but sure enough... Lately I've been really diggin' Leinenkugel Summer Shandy and Grapefruit Shandy's. Brought 4 6ers of Summer Shandy and a 24 pack of Dos Equis to a church BBQ a few weeks ago (yup, I said church) and they sucked them Shandys down Jack!! Dos Equis, not as much. Came home w/ atleast half of them. If you are into Hef's w citrus, it's the business. Yeah, it aint from TX, but besides being a buncha' carpetbaggers, somma them Yank's sure can brew a damn fine beer!! ;)

Buddy of mine had some of that Summer Shandy last year on his boat up on Kentucky Lake. Was some pretty tasty stuff.

I'm typically a fan of dark beer too, but am always up to try a new Spoetzl brew. The prickly pear is somethin different. Nice 'n light and not too fruity. Brings back memories of growin up in Texas with grandma's prickly pear jelly...

All of my childhood memories of prickly pear involve pain.

As an adult, I have had prickly pear jelly and prickly pear candy. They were both very tasty!

I've been on the quest for an attainable good Bavarian/German dark beer. Something close to what I had when I was away on business in Germany 10 years ago (Darmstadt)

Hofbrau Dunkle has been really good and goes well with any food. Slightly bitter after taste but still really good.

Kloster Andechs dopplebock dunkle has been really good but not so great with food. Has a chocolate like after taste not bitter at all. Seems like a meal on itself like Guinness. But it's at 7.2% alcohol ;)

I've tried others and those two dark beers have been the best to my taste so far

Ran across Konig Ludwig Weissbier at a local craft beer pub away on business on tap. Really nice light/cloudy beer. Found some locally so I just grabbed two six packs gonna have at it tonight. Hopefully the bottle is close to the draft I had.

I've always liked the Belgian brewed Chimay Blue (Grand Reserve) for a dinner beer.

It's a dark ale with a complex, peppery character. A lot lighter than your average stout, so it doesn't sit too heavy and at 9% ABV you don't need much of it to take the edge off...

I've always liked the Belgian brewed Chimay Blue (Grand Reserve) for a dinner beer.

It's a dark ale with a complex, peppery character. A lot lighter than your average stout, so it doesn't sit too heavy and at 9% ABV you don't need much of it to take the edge off...

Yes, Yes Yes!...I second Chimay Blue. Great stuff. I like all of the Chimay ales. Good call LES.

nice I'll try and find it!

Forgot to mention the Konig is a blonde beer. But it's really good.

I'm a big fan of Belgium recipe based beers. Big fan.

Chimay has been brewed by Trappist monks at Scourmont Abbey in Belgium since the early 1860's. Really good stuff...

Enjoying a cold one while grilling some burgers. It's half Yuengling Premium Beer and half dark Porter. When they first released this in the 90's it was very hard to get. It sold as quick as they put it out.

11836671_10204795789558080_8458331880266605167_n.jpg

My wife is part of the Yuengling clan. Unfortunately, she's too far removed for us to gain any benefit.

In my travels, I have sampled many Yuengling brews. Good stuff!

I know I probably shouldn't drink it, but that would just be wrong to just put up on a shelf and look at it, so I'll just take a picture.

After helping a friend out recently, he gave me something he knew I'd been wanting a long time.

I was able to get my hands on a quart of shine last week and I wanted to let you know what you're missing. But it's not just any old shine.

After drinking some of it, (OK, a lot of it) it's little bit weaker than I'm used to, but it's got a damn good taste to it and goes down smooth. Maybe aging it helped a little, but there's not much out there I've had that'll beat it. Now I understand why he was called a master of his craft.

If the commercial stuff tastes as good as the real deal, would be some good stuff to have on hand for aches and pains and chest colds or hell, just to take a good horn of it just because you want to.

Rest in peace Mr. Sutton.

popcorn 001.JPG

My go to drink of choice... Crown Royal and a splash of diet Mnt. Dew.. I know its not right! But I love it!! And Im no spring chicken.

My go to drink of choice... Crown Royal and a splash of diet Mnt. Dew.. I know its not right! But I love it!! And Im no spring chicken.

Diet mtn dew? If you're gunna do the dew , might as well get the real thing...

Kidding...but..have you tried it with barqs rootbeer?
That's an interesting taste....i kinda like it...

Reactions: CRK
Back