• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What's your beverage of choice?

It's hot 'n muggy today, so some mint julep was just the thing to help cool off...

View attachment 13019

1 teaspoon sugar muddled with a mint sprig in 1 Oz water, mixed with 4 Oz Kentucky bourbon, then pour it all over crushed or chopped ice...

I have a huge mint patch in my yard. Might have to try that. I just need a muddler.
Hmm....maybe if I like it, I'll make my own muddler.
:)

The world's strongest beer, dubbed Snake Venom, contains a massive 67.5 per cent alcohol by

volume, costs nearly $100 to buy and should be consumed in tiny doses, its Scottish makers say.

Snake Venom is the product of Scottish brewery Brewmeister, which has upped the ante from its previous record-holding concoction, the 65 per cent ABV Armageddon (vodka, by comparison, is typically 80 proof, or 40 per cent alcohol).

The brewery decided to manufacture an even stronger beer after some customers complained its first attempt was too weak, Scotland's Daily Record reported.

Brewers Lewis Shand and John McKenzie said they didn't want Armageddon, now the world's second-strongest beer, to have an overwhelming taste, so they made it oily. This time around, they didn't try to disguise the sharp taste of the alcohol in Snake Venom.

"The alcohol is very strong but the beer still tastes like a beer rather than a spirit. It's hoppy, malty and very pleasant," says the Brewmeister website. Has anyone tried this?

Holy crap....

The world's strongest beer, dubbed Snake Venom, contains a massive 67.5 per cent alcohol by

volume, costs nearly $100 to buy and should be consumed in tiny doses, its Scottish makers say.

Snake Venom is the product of Scottish brewery Brewmeister, which has upped the ante from its previous record-holding concoction, the 65 per cent ABV Armageddon (vodka, by comparison, is typically 80 proof, or 40 per cent alcohol).

The brewery decided to manufacture an even stronger beer after some customers complained its first attempt was too weak, Scotland's Daily Record reported.

Brewers Lewis Shand and John McKenzie said they didn't want Armageddon, now the world's second-strongest beer, to have an overwhelming taste, so they made it oily. This time around, they didn't try to disguise the sharp taste of the alcohol in Snake Venom.

"The alcohol is very strong but the beer still tastes like a beer rather than a spirit. It's hoppy, malty and very pleasant," says the Brewmeister website. Has anyone tried this?

Have not tried it, but am now on a mission to find it...

Not so much what I'm drinking, but what I'm drinking it from...

20190831_161932.jpg

It's made from water buffalo horn. Was advertised as 20 oz, but it'll hold nearly 36 oz. Been drinking a bit of Danish meade lately and felt like it deserved and appropriate delivery system...

Normally I am a fan of hard cider, Guinness extra Stout or Carta Blanca.

Carta Blanca is easy to find but it has almost always suffered in the shipping.

When I drink a stout I drink Guinness and the only other thing I ever drank the that came close was called Old Rasputin.

I think you can find it in bottles out here but I've only had it on tap.

I've tried a lot of these different wheat beers and pale ales and flavored flavoured Brews and I always found them disappointing.

The one thing that I used to love was a tropical fruit liqueur, called Psang Ambon, but I don't think it has been available since the fall of Saigon.

Back