• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What's your beverage of choice?

when I really dont know what I want, but I just sat down at the hotel bar.... Maker's neat.
On a hot day and need to cool off, coors light.
On a cool day and want one before going to dinner, Guinness draught, but cant stand the bottled stuff.
Internationally, I usually go with Carlsberg or Heineken or baccardi and coke.

not sure if I really have a beverage of choice. It all depends on where I'm at and who is with me.

I see you've mastered the art of not being seen.

I'm a beer drinker 1st. Gin, bourbon and scotch tied for 2nd. Kinda like the George Thoroughgood (spelling?) song "I want boubon, I want scotch, I want beer". Favorite beer is cold and free.

I like the smaller PA brewers like Yeungling and Straubs. I love a good stout as some others have noted. Young's Oatmeal Stout is great.

My favorites to make homebrew are strong scotch ales, oatmea stout and CAP (classic American pilsner)

Now I'm thirsty. Time to get a cold one out. Cheers!

Yeah dude, I could pretty much care less about anything else. Just ice cold beer and I dont really try to get too creative outside the couple of things I posted earlier. I'm not extremely adventurous. I rarely will have anything else, rare occassions a little whiskey but I cant really enjoy it unless its cold and frigid.

100_2716.jpg

this for about three months. water and coffee lately. I tend to drink more often when I travel. then its Maker's neat or beer.

Ya know... I'd really like to learn to brew my own. Is it at all difficult or require goin out and buyin specialty stuff?

It's start's not to bad to get started. I would suggest a Home Depot turkey frier for boiling the beer. It has other uses too and keeps the mess outside. You'll need a way to cool it (coiled copper tube) a primary and secondary fermenter (plastic buck with lid and air lock) and some cleaner, sanitizer and plastic hose. Not to much to get started.

Heat up 5.5-6 gallons of water, add liquid and or powdered malted barley. Bring back to a boil. Add hops as the recipes calls for. Boil around an hour total. Cool the wort (unfermented beer) quickly. Add yeast when it's around 70-75 degrees and allow it to ferment in a cool place. When the fermentation is ended, siphon to the second fermenter leaving sediment behind. When it settles and clears, bottle or keg it. That's simplified but covers most of it. It's about 2-3 weeks from boil to bottling.

Brewing can be simple or taken to great scientific lengths...whatever you like. I prefer to keep it simple.

Remember, in the event of a national disaster, you'll be a lot more popular then the guy that collected stamps.

The link it to a really good online homebrew book.
http://www.howtobrew.com/

Shiner Bock, Black, Blonde, and Blonde Lite.
Sailor Jerry and Kraken for rums.
Sapphire in gin.
Clontarf and Jameson for whiskey.
Patron for tekilla, although 1800 is OK.

I like to sip Ezra Brooks bourbon. It's fairly inexpensive and it's smooth enough for my low budget taste buds. Take care. Tom Worthington.

Just tried a new variety of Newcastle this evening...

From newcastlebrown.com:

Legend has it that a beast roams the moors and plains of Newcastle Upon Tyne. It’s part man, part wolf, and more than a little wild— the perfect inspiration for a Limited Edition ale. Newcastle Werewolf comes at you with a dark, startling aroma, a roasty flavor, and a final taste of hops that leaves you howling for more.

AVAILABLE AUG - OCT

All gimmicks and Halloween marketing aside this is an outstanding deep red ale with a great flavor...

Re: RE: What's your beverage of choice?

Evan Williams bourbon straight up with one ice cube along with a nice cigar.

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

Re: RE: What's your beverage of choice?

Ah, Fireball. Have seen that a lot these days. Do you mix it or drink straight? I'm guessing its hot cinnamon ?

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

Back