1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to view and order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Where do you guys buy your Ammo?

Discussion in 'Ammunition' started by DaveinCT, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Bobster

Bobster .30-06 Supporter

2018 Update: Occasionally I'll get a 420rd 5.56 can (65gr) from PSA. Last one was $130? delivered? Try to spend at least $200/month on ammo, usually WalMart for range ammo (9mm, 45ACP and .223). Spent $40 on 8mm (2 boxes) at a large LGS mainly because they had it in stock and because I wanted to sightsee... :) I've been tempted at a case buy of 9mm--probably online and certainly by election day... :eek:

PS: bitches (male and female) are talking "ammo tax" so be sure to make it known to your congressperson that this is unacceptable and only penalizes the less fortunate and makes it more dangerous because they will not be able to afford to practice.
    meanstreak and Djcala like this.
  2. joshua.bringman

joshua.bringman .410

Depends on quantity...
    Usually buy a box or two a week at Wally world, but in bulk, sgammo, sometimes lucky Gunner. Just depends on deal.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
    meanstreak likes this.
  3. Joe Rand

Joe Rand .22LR

I use Lucky Gunner and Target Sports for bulk buys. I go through around 250 9mm per range visit. So getting 1000 at a time amortizes the shipping cost. Have it shipped to work and the security guard at the desk receives it so no sitting on the front steps. For my lower volume ammo I’ll buy what’s on sale at a local LGS.
    meanstreak likes this.
  4. mattm

mattm Copper BB

Check ammoseek.com

My supply has come from sgammo, aimsurplus, used to frequent freedom munitions when they were good. Have gotten some good deals from ammunition depot and midway sales.
    meanstreak likes this.
  5. Ghmann

Ghmann .270 WIN

Are you a member of the Target Sports USA Prime club? Seems like this would be a good way to go. I think savings average about 8% on ammo, plus you get free shipping on all ammo, even if you order small quantities. I'm not a member yet, but have been tempted to join. But I don't buy enough ammo to make it worth the annual $95 membership.
    meanstreak and Joe Rand like this.
  6. megawatt

megawatt .270 WIN

Definitely purchase by the case. The last purchase(s) I did was before Election Day of 2016. Been shooting since then and still haven’t had to spend any $ on ammo to shoot for any multi day class or afternoon trip to the desert.
  7. megawatt

megawatt .270 WIN

[​IMG]

Centerfire ammo fits nicely in ammo cans but I put the shells in the small safe. Shells take up a lot of space.
  8. JeffnBama

JeffnBama .22LR Premier Member

9mm and .38spl /.357 Academy Sports and sometimes Cabelas if have a coupon . Ordered couple boxes Aguila Mini slugs from Target Sports USA at a good price , Academy here wanted $18.99
  9. megawatt

megawatt .270 WIN

Ran across this today and ordered some 9mm from ammunition depot. Free shipping on orders over $99. A couple manufacturer choices of new factory 9mm starting at .17 per round.

I got blazer brass at .18 per round delivered and purchases before 4 July get grunt style shirt and or hoodie for free. That’s $70 in clothes for my order.

I could look at it as .14 and half cents per round delivered with hoodie and T-shirt included.
  10. tcecil88

tcecil88 .30-06

I usually buy the 100 round Federal Champion 9mm Brass pack at Walmart for $17.99. They shoot really well out of my Glocks and I can fit 27 boxes into a large ammo can. Lately I have been shooting the Aguila 62 gr. 5.56 FMJ with good results. I got a few boxes the other day for $15/50 from Rural King, but typically pay $20/50 from the LGS.
    nitesite likes this.
  11. nitesite

nitesite Sheepdog Moderator "Philanthropist"

The only ammo I have bought in the last four years has been .22LR.
    meanstreak likes this.
  12. meanstreak

meanstreak .30-06 Supporter

Mostly .22 for me as well. Occasionally I'll pick up a box or two of .22 mag if the price is right.